How To Create The Perfect Snack Tray
It’s time to kick off summer and what better way than with lots of yummy snacks! Learn how to create the perfect snack tray in just three simple steps! I love to use an assortment of cheeses, fresh fruits and nuts, with a variety of meats, crackers and spreads!
This post was sponsored by Walmart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Ohh it’s officially that time of year again and I couldn’t be more thrilled! Can you believe Memorial Day weekend is here and July 4th is right around the corner?! Summer has always been one of my favorite seasons because there’s time to take it easy, get outside and relax by the pool with friends and family. We almost always have a huge cookout every Memorial weekend and this year I really wanted to impress my family with the perfect summer snack tray complete with lots of goodies, I knew everyone would love. So, off to Walmart to upgrade my summer! Walmart is so good about having everything I need for summertime celebrating and summertime snacking!
I have several snack trays on the blog, like this one with blueberry chia jam and one for fall time. The best part about cheeseboards or snack trays are they look so much more complicated than they actually are to put together. Zero cooking involved, always a huge crowdpleaser and they make the most beautiful centerpiece on any table. Snack trays like this one are one of those staple items that are a must when getting together with my friends because what could be better than cheese + Sabra Hummus + summer + Blue Diamond Gourmet Almonds + Nut-Thins…. tons of yumminess going on!
You can totally make this your own either by keeping it super simple or overflowing your tray with delicious flavors, textures and shapes. Keeping a nice variety is key and I’ve listed some simple steps to follow when building your killer snack tray!
How To Create The Perfect Snack Tray
Step 1: Selecting your cheeses, spreads and dips
It’s great to have something for everyone. A few staples to have are a soft cheese like brie or semi-soft such as havarti, a firmer cheese such as aged cheddar, fontina or smoked gouda, and I also like to throw on a strong blue cheese as well because some people just love it! To accommodate anyone who might be on a dairy free diet and for those of us who really like a good hearty dip, Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is the perfect addition to your snack tray. I would suggest having a backup Sabra Hummus in the fridge because this stuff goes fast! It’s such a great summer dip for any picnic or poolside snack!
Step 2: Perfect pairings
That’s right, every snack tray needs flavorful accompaniments and I always like to have the perfect mix of sweet and savory. Here are some ideas for those little extra pairings:
- Sweet – This can include fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries, grapes, cherries etc., dried fruit like cranberries or raisins, and a dollop of honey also tastes perfect on top of brie or other soft cheeses. I also like to use different types of jams along with homemade strawberry bruschetta; which tastes incredible on top of cheese and crackers! You can find the recipe for the strawberry bruschetta below.
- Savory – Here’s where you add your favorite charcuterie! I love to use a mix of spicy salami and prosciutto along with some olives and Blue Diamond Gourmet Almonds. Have you guys tried these yet? They are dusted with chef-inspired seasonings and can be paired well with countless fine foods or enjoyed on their own. They sure do kick up any snack tray a few notches!
Step 3: Your cheese and Sabra Hummus needs a vehicle
Every snack tray and cheeseboard needs something special to place that cheesy goodness on or dip into that smooth creamy Sabra Hummus! Because I’m legit utterly OBSESSED with Blue Diamond Nut-Thins, that’s what we’re going with folks! Seriously guys these are THE best and they give you that perfect salty bite.
Nut-Thins have that wonderful crispy, crunchy texture and are made with Real Blue Diamond® Almonds and without artificial flavors. I also love that they’re wheat and gluten free.
Now that your snack tray is assembled, it’s time to dig in! Here’s a quick little tip: I always like to set my snack tray or cheeseboard out at room temperature for about 30 minutes to an hour before serving because this makes the cheese much softer and SO much more flavorful. Plus I mean who wants to eat cold cheese??
Okay so let’s talk about this delicious strawberry bruschetta. Not only does the bright red from the strawberries really POP on the tray, but this recipe is super easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious paired with all of the other deliciousness on your tray!!! I just love this recipe because it’s one of the easiest appetizers to make during the summer and is always such a hit. It tastes fabulous with Nut-Thins, sliced baguette and cheese. I always like to add a little creamy goat cheese to my baguette slice and top it with this bruschetta.
Feel free to double or even triple this recipe if serving a large crowd. Here’s a tip, make your bruschetta the night before and let all the flavors marinate overnight! The result is tasty perfection.
A light, bright summer appetizer!
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
In a large bowl, combine strawberries, balsamic vinegar, honey and fresh basil; mixing well. Serve immediately on toasted bread slices with your favorite cheese, or let bruschetta marinate overnight. Enjoy!
Something to think about….
Do you have big party plans this summer? Upgrade your summer with an awesome backyard makeover! Visit this site and enter to win everything you need for the perfect summer! See below for backyard makeover prize details:
- Eight (8) Grand Prize Packages: Each winner will receive the following:
- One (1) Palm Springs Wicker Patio Set with four (4) Chairs.
- One (1) Sonos Outdoor Speakers.
- One (1) Weber Genesis 11 E310 Grill.
- One (1) Yeti Tundra 45 Cooler.
- One (1) $300 Walmart Gift Card (Terms and conditions of the Gift Card apply).
- Twenty-five (25) Second Prizes: Each winner to receive one (1) $25 Walmart Gift Card (Terms and conditions of the Gift Card apply).