This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BarillaGlutenFree #CollectiveBias
Quick and easy, this Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian favorite made lighter in this recipe, by baking instead of frying. Don’t worry, though, it’s still as tasty, crispy and family-friendly as the original!
This lighter gluten free chicken parmesan recipe served over my favorite Gluten Free Barilla pasta makes for the most comforting, delicious 30 minute dinner. Not only is it the perfect cozy winter meal, it’s ready in a flash and requires only 6 ingredients including the pasta. A good, solid, wholesome weeknight dinner with plenty of protein and also still cheesy and saucy and golden brown crispy enough to be irresistible.
My son has a gluten intolerance, so when it’s pasta night, it’s Barilla Gluten Free pasta that I’m cooking up. It has a taste and texture similar to “regular” pasta, so the whole family really enjoys it. I love that it is made with non-GMO corn and rice.
Chicken parmesan is legit comfort food at its finest and the great thing about this recipe is how eeeeeasy it is! Seriously. Once you dredge the chicken in the egg wash and bread crumbs, you simply bake, top with cheese and marinara then throw it over some yummy Barilla Gluten Free pasta. I can also guarantee that you’ll have this delicious dinner on your table in just 30 minutes or less – total win right?!
I used seasoned gluten free bread crumbs and grated Parmesan. It’s awesome that gluten free products, like bread crumbs and pasta have become so easily accessible. If you can’t find gluten free bread crumbs, just make your own with stale gluten free bread. You could even use crumbled gluten free crackers, to give the chicken a nice crispy crust.
I bought thinly sliced chicken, but you can also pound out your own chicken breasts to about a 1/2-inch thickness which will ensure that each piece of chicken is not only the same size, but that they’re also tender, juicy and perfectly delicious! For the marinara you can either use a store bought tomato sauce of your choice just to keep things really simple OR feel free to use this recipe which is one of my all-time favorites.
You really can’t go wrong with this super easy Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan dish and it’s one that I can assure you is definitely kid and hubby-approved! As always, don’t forget to take pics and share your drool-worthy meals on Instagram and tag #kimscravings – I love seeing what you all make! Enjoy!
- 1 to 1½ lbs. chicken breast, halved or thinly sliced
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup gluten free bread crumbs*
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan + about more for chicken topping
- ¾ cup low-sugar marinara sauce** + more for serving over pasta, if desired
- 1 12 oz. package Gluten Free Barilla Pasta
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. and prepare large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Break 2 egg whites into shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Coat each side of chicken breast in egg whites and then coat with bread crumb mixture. Place each chicken breast in baking dish.
- Bake at 450 degrees F. for about 18 mins.
- Then remove from oven and top each with about 2 tablespoons marinara and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese; bake until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Gluten Free Barilla Pasta according to package instructions.
- Serve chicken over pasta and enjoy!
*You can use seasoned gluten-free crouton crumbs. If you're not using preseasoned bread crumbs, I would suggest adding about ½ teaspoon garlic powder and ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning to the mixture.
**Use your favorite marinara sauce or my delicious homemade version.
***Nutritional information calculated for chicken breast with topping only. My chicken was 1.28 pounds and was cut into 4 large breasts.
I found Gluten Free Barilla Pasta, at Kroger, down the Italian food aisle with other pasta.
Looking for other family-friendly recipes? Check out a few of my favorites!
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried making a lighter version of a classic recipe? Have you tried Barilla Gluten Free pasta yet? Grab this coupon for Barilla Gluten Free pasta and give it a try!