Fudgy Candy Cane Cookies
These Fudgy Candy Cane Cookies are the epitome of everything Christmas in one incredibly easy scrumptious cookie! Leave these out for Santa and you will be sure to get everything that you’re wishing for, this holiday season!
If you’re a fan of candy canes, fudgy chocolaty brownies and cookies all rolled into one- this recipe is totally for you. I made them healthier by using my favorite whole wheat pastry flour from Bob’s Red Mill. This flour bakes up the best cookies and you’ll never guess they’re made with whole wheat flour. I also used coconut sugar, but feel free to use granulated or brown sugar, if that’s what you have on hand.
Not only do I have these delicious Fudgy Candy Cane Cookies for you, I also have a REALLY cool giveaway. Think of it as a last minute Christmas gift to thank you guys for helping to make 2014 a fabulous year! I absolutely love creating recipes, writing up posts and corresponding with each and everyone of you. Thank you so much for reading and stay tuned because I have some very exciting stuff in the works that I will be sharing with you after the new year.
My thank you giveaway gift is a $50 voucher to buy any products you’d like from Swanson Health Products. Swanson is my absolute favorite place to purchase those hard-to-find ingredients. I frequently buy the following from Swanson- coconut flour, coconut sugar, whole wheat pastry flour, spelt flour, Quest Protein Bars, protein powder, chia seeds, ground flax seeds and MUCH more. Head on over and check out the Swanson Health Products website. There are SO many products available, I can literally spend hours browsing the site.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour spoon in measuring cup (spelt flour, all-purpose and oat flour will work too)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup crushed candy cane about 2 candy canes, use vegan as desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, Silpat mat or cooking spray.
- Combine all the following ingredients in a large mixing bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add in the vinegar, vanilla and coconut oil. Stir well until a thick crumbly dough forms.
- Fold in almond milk and candy cane pieces. The dough will be incredibly sticky, so dampen your hands and form small dough balls with your hands. Place cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Cookie dough will spread as it cooks. If desired press sprinkles or crushed candy cane into tops of dough before cooking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before serving.
*Put candy canes in a baggie and crush using something hard. I used the back of a metal measuring cup.
Love peppermint? Try these Peppermint Crunch Christmas Cookies!
Something to think about….
Do you prefer peppermint or gingerbread around the holidays? I’m a huge peppermint fan, but no one else in my family is really crazy about the flavor. If I make this cookie recipe, I have to eat them all myself! #firstworldproblems Haha!