Family Favorite Friday: Chicken Artichoke Pasta in Lemon Sauce
Happy Friday and yippee to a 3-day weekend!!
Today, I’m sharing a family favorite with you. Our whole family gobbles this up with no complaints.
If you’re looking for a light dinner recipe with a lovely lemon flavor and just a touch of spice from the red pepper flakes; have I got the recipe for you. This meal pairs perfectly with a side of roasted asparagus or a salad.
My hungry healthy boy loves this dinner; in fact, he says it is one of his favorite dinners I make. My two picky girls enjoy the lemony chicken and pasta, which leaves more of the goodies, like capers and sun-dried tomatoes to us not so picky eaters. Best of all, it comes together in only about 30-40 minutes.
Chicken Artichoke Pasta in Lemon Sauce
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 large chicken breasts, cut into 2” pieces
- 1/3 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 15 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2-3 tablespoon capers
- 1 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives
- ¼ tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- juice of ½ a lemon
- Heat evoo in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Combine flour, salt & pepper in a shallow dish. Then, dredge chicken pieces, shaking off excess flour. Add chicken to the hot skillet and sauté, flipping once, until golden brown and nearly cooked all the way through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add chicken broth and lemon zest to the same skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken broth has reduced a bit. Add artichoke hearts, capers, black olives, chili pepper flakes, sun-dried tomatoes and lemon juice, then nestle chicken pieces back in.
- Continue to cook over medium-high heat until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked all the way through, about 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and return to hot pot.
- Combine artichoke mixture with pasta, toss and serve.
Take time to enjoy your weekend…..do something fun and eat yummy food!