Stuffed Acorn Squash
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy and healthy Italian Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe has the saucy goodness you enjoy from your favorite Italian comfort food, and it’s ready in about 30 minutes.
Italian Stuffed Acorn Squash
Looks like a fancy Fall dinner, but it's actually super simple and quick! Declicious Fall flavors, paleo friendly and gluten-free.
- 2 acorn squashes, horizontally cut in half (seeds removed)
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. Jennie-O's Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups marinara or spaghetti sauce
- Place 2 of the halves of acorn squash face down in about 1-2 inches of water in a microwave safe dish.
- Cook for 8 minutes then continue the same process with the other two halves.
- After microwaving the squash, place them face up on a baking sheet.
- While acorn squash is microwaving, brown italian turkey sausage in a large skillet over med-high heat with onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Once brown, drain meat and add back to the large skillet. Stir in marinara and continue to cook until marinara is warm and combined.
- Dish out meat/marinara mixture into squash. Stuff full and where meat sauce comes up and is spilling out at the top of the squash.
- Broil on high for approximately 10 minutes.
- Any extra sauce can be used to top pasta.
You can make the acorn squash ahead and keep in the fridge. Let come to room temp while you prepare the filling, then broil.
Serving: 1stuffed squash, Calories: 349kcal, Carbohydrates: 40g, Protein: 24g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 71mg, Sodium: 1839mg, Potassium: 1486mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 11g, Vitamin A: 2447IU, Vitamin C: 114mg, Calcium: 128mg, Iron: 16mg
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
I love your decorations!!!!
Wow I love your decorations! They are so cute 🙂 And Fall scents are my favorite 🙂
Thanks, Chelsea! Fall scents are a favorite of mine too!
Love this recipe! I am a huge fan of any kind of squash when fall comes around! Isn’t Picmonkey so fun?! I spend way too much time on there sometimes!
Picmonkey definitely steals a lot of my time!
Yay for stuffed squash!!! I love it! 🙂