Easy Vegan Buddha Bowl
Looking for a quick, flavorful, nutritious meal? You’ve come to the right place! Minute® Ready to Serve Rice sponsored this post and provided the necessary ingredient to create an Easy Vegan Buddha Bowl.
The term Buddha Bowl sure has been tossed around a lot lately. Not sure what it means? I wasn’t either, so I did what any respectable food blogger would do and I did a quick Google search. Come to find out, calling your bowl of food a Buddha Bowl doesn’t mean you’re in for a religious experience. A Buddha Bowl is simply a bowl packed so full of goodies that it is rounded, resembling a Buddha belly. I can definitely get down with that… not the belly, but the bowl! Ha!
Buddha Bowls probably make up 80-90% of my meals… I just didn’t know what they were “officially” called until now. My typical evening meal-making experience involves snacking on baby carrots and hummus, while standing with the fridge door open, pondering what foods will be delicious, filling and easy to throw together for a complete dinner in a bowl. The non-negotiables are taste, convenience and nutrition.
Let me tell ya, this easy vegan buddha bowl fits the bill. There’s definitely nothing lacking in the flavor department, particularly with a dollop of cilantro avocado sauce. After taking the pictures, I also drizzled a little sriracha sauce over the top, which was the perfect finishing touch.
Convenience is the name of the game here. I simply threw together some of my favorite foods that just happened to be lurking around. I buy black beans in bulk, so there are always cans hanging out in the pantry. Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is another ingredient that I’m sure to keep on-hand. It’s perfectly portioned and ready in 60 seconds. It doesn’t get any easier than that, folks!
Minute® Ready to Serve Rice has always been a nutritious gluten-free option, but it’s newly certified non-GMO now too. It comes in many varieties: Whole Grain options of Brown Rice, Brown & Wild Rice and Multi-Grain Medley, all new Basmati Rice, Jasmine Rice, White Rice and flavorful mixes. There’s even a variety — Minute Ready to Serve Black Beans & Rice – that’s ready in 90 seconds and has the beans separate from the rice.
Not only is this dish simple, convenient and mouthwatering, but it’s also ridiculously healthy. This easy vegan buddha bowl is loaded with plant-based protein, fiber, antioxidants and a cilantro avocado sauce, so good you’ll want to put it on everything.
I’ve been eating this bowl on repeat since first creating it a few days ago. It’s:
Packed with superfoods
Full of texture + tastiness
A foodie’s dream meal
And an easy meal prep idea- prepare 5 bowls on Sunday and enjoy them throughout the week!
Easy Vegan Buddha Bowl
For the bowl:
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed or sliced
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper slices from a jar, or roast your own
- 1 single-serve Minute Ready to Serve Brown Rice cup, about 1 cup
For the cilantro avocado sauce:
- 1 ripe avocado
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley, or more cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed (optional)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste, as needed
- 2 tablespoons water, if needed to get things moving in the blender
For optional topping:
- sriracha sauce
- purple cabbage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place cubed sweet potato on a baking sheet and toss with about 1 tablespoon olive oil or spray with cooking spray. Season with salt, pepper and paprika, if desired. Roast for about 22-25 mins.
- Meanwhile, gather all other ingredients and prepare. Cook rice in the microwave.
- Blend all sauce ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Once sweet potatoes are completely roasted and all other ingredients have been prepared, evenly divide ingredients into two bowls. You will have enough sauce for about 4 bowls and sauce is not calculated in the nutritional info provided below.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature. Bowls will keep in the fridge for about 1 week and are perfect for make-ahead lunches.
**Feel free to swap out any ingredients in this bowl with other favorites. It's super versatile!
Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is a great meal addition or an on-the-go snack. If you’re looking for other yummy ways to enjoy your Minute Ready to Serve Rice, give the recipes below a gander. 🙂
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried a Buddha Bowl? Did you know you were eating a “Buddha Bowl”? Ha!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice. As always, all opinions are my own.