Caprese Grilled Cheese with Pesto
Thanks to Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread for sponsoring this post and helping to create a delicious Caprese Grilled Cheese with Pesto!
Happy National Grilled Cheese Day! Go big or go home! The Caprese Grilled Cheese with Pesto and irresistible Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread. Oh, it’s so good… you can’t even imagine the deliciousness.
Golden toasted bread, stringy melted cheese and a buttery flavor. I can’t think of anything more comforting and reminiscent of childhood than a mouth-watering grilled cheese sandwich. There are also numerous flavor combinations for whipping up this kid-friendly favorite.
Yes, the simple bread, cheese and butter trio is quite fabulous, but this caprese grilled cheese truly takes the grilled cheese from ordinary to extraordinary with the help of juicy tomatoes, flavorful pesto and the new Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread.
Have you seen Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread in the stores, yet? I came across it in the bread aisle at Walmart for about 2.99. I’m so glad I decided to give it a try. Whoa… it sure took the overall flavor and texture of this sandwich up a notch!
Nice thick slices, a soft center and an Italian flavor profile made Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread the best possible choice for this caprese grilled cheese. You also won’t find any artificial ingredients or high fructose corn syrup in this homemade style bread. Don’t limit yourself to sandwiches, though, Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread would be wonderful used in recipes like Paninis, French toast, bread pudding, strata and more.
Cheesy… duh 😉
Childhood comfort food at its best!
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce enough to coat one slice of the bread
- 2 thin tomato slices
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a nonstick pan, griddle or grill pan over medium heat.
- Brush the outside of each slice of bread with oil, spread the pesto on the inside, add mozzarella and tomato slices and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place the sandwich on the heated skillet, griddle or grill pan and cook until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Nutrition will vary based on what type of bread, cheese and pesto sauce is used.
What kind of grilled cheese sandwich are you enjoying for National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread.