Easy Skillet BBQ Chicken
Tight on time? That’s not a problem with this easy skillet BBQ chicken dinner idea. The whole meal, including Brussels sprouts and Alexia Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt can be prepared in under 30 minutes.
If your weeknights are anything like mine, I hardly have time to catch my breath; much less make an extravagant dinner that takes all evening long! A quick, tasty, balanced meal is exactly what I’m after and this easy skillet BBQ chicken with Brussels sprouts and sweet potato fries is the perfect fix. The meal comes together in less than 30 minutes, it has tons of flavor and takes very little prep.
If you can cut a pound of Brussels in half, you’re golden. I used this fabulous recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar & Honey. If you prefer a different veggie, no problem- substitute fresh green beans or broccoli florets for the Brussels.
Before you go into work (in the morning) throw your chicken breasts in a large baggie with BBQ sauce. When you arrive home, your chicken will be fully marinated with a yummy BBQ seasoning. Ever since making my Grilled Chicken Barbeque Salad, I’ve been so into barbeque sauce.
You guys know how much I love my sweet potatoes and Alexia Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt are such a scrumptious treat. The sweet and savory combo of sweet potatoes together with a hint of sea salt make this Alexia favorite a must try. I simply popped Alexia Sweet Potato Fries in the oven with my Brussels sprouts and let it do its thing while my chicken was cooking on the stove. Everything was ready at about the same time and made for such a convenient meal option.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Place 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and raw chicken in a large baggie. After closing baggie, move chicken around in baggie to coat completely. Place baggie in the fridge and allow chicken to marinate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn chicken, replace cover and cook an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- When cooked completely, brush or spoon additional BBQ sauce over the chicken. Cook 2-3 more minutes, as needed to warm chicken with BBQ sauce.
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite quick and easy weeknight dinner to whip up?
Sign up for Alexia’s newsletter and get exclusive deals, recipes, tips and hear about new products first!
Alexia Foods offers frozen potatoes, appetizers, breads and side dishes with minimal, but distinctive, real ingredients that serve-up exceptional taste. Alexia frozen sides are a delicious addition to a balanced meal with that little something extra and can be ready in 25 minutes—or less. Sign up for Alexia’s Club 350 newsletter for more great meal inspiration!
Alexia. Farm to Flavor.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Alexia . The opinions and text are all mine.