This post for Easy Shrimp Wild Rice Skillet has been sponsored by Kroger. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Easy Shrimp Wild Rice Skillet is satisfying and nutritious – my kind of meal! Fresh, flavorful and easy, with very little hands-on time, and plenty of protein.
This easy shrimp wild rice skillet is my dream dinner come true. Care to join?
The dish is one of the most flavorful I’ve eaten in ages, and the active cooking time is less than 15 minutes. Super, super easy. I also love that this skillet dish is a complete meal in one – healthy whole grains and vegetables, filling protein…and of course, a little bit of bacon. 🙂
The meal gets even easier when enlisting Kroger ClickList! If you haven’t heard of this new grocery service, you’re in for a real treat. As a busy, working mom this service has been a time and life-saver. So convenient!
It’s no secret that I adore cooking and baking and there’s nothing like scouting out ingredients for my recipes in the grocery store. It may be weird to some, but I actually have fun grocery shopping. However, there are many days when it’s just one more thing to check off of a growing list of things that need to be done for the day. Clicklist allows me to make the most of my limited time. The ability to simply order my groceries, conveniently and quickly, online is fabulous. Another HUGE plus is that I don’t even have to step out of my car when I swing by Kroger to pick them up.
My associate was wonderful too! She loaded my car and then came around to my window to go over my order with me. She ensured that I was given the highest quality ingredients and all of my produce and shrimp was super fresh. The whole process was smooth and fast. ClickList might just be my new go-to way to grocery shop!
Now you’re ready to dig in. I hope you love this skillet meal! It’s hearty, healthy, tasty and the perfect family dinner. Make this when you’re craving something satisfying that takes very little effort and is loaded with deliciousness.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment and tag a picture #kimscravings on Instagram so everyone can see what you’re cooking up. Enjoy, friends!
- 1 cup wild-brown rice blend (I use Lundberg Farms)
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- Optional for garnish: fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Bring 1-1/2 cups water or broth and rice to a boil in a saucepan then place a lid on top, turn heat down to low, and simmer until rice is tender, 45-50 minutes.
- Add the 4 cups cold water, salt, and brown sugar to a large bowl then stir to combine. Add shrimp then let sit in brine while rice cooks. When rice has 10 minutes left, drain then rinse shrimp, and then pat very dry with paper towels.
- Add the olive oil and onion to a large deep skillet. Sauté over medium heat until the onions are soft and transparent (about 5 minutes). Next, add the bell pepper and garlic to the skillet and sauté for 1-2 minutes more.
- Transfer shrimp to skillet, add seasonings and stir to combine. When shrimp is just cooked and turning pink (this will only take about 3 minutes), add cooked rice and bacon to the skillet and fold all ingredients together, allowing them to cook for several minutes more.
- Give one of your shrimp a taste to check for doneness, add salt and pepper as needed and remove from heat. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Love this Easy Shrimp Wild Rice Skillet? Enjoy other similar favorites!
Pin it and share with friends!
Something to think about….
Have you tried ClickList at Kroger? Tell me your thoughts. If not, what are you waiting for? 🙂
If you guys have any questions about the process of using ClickList, feel free to leave me a comment.