Creamy Salmon Piccata
This Creamy Salmon Piccata is a quick and easy one pot meal that is on the dinner table in 30 minutes! Perfectly pan seared salmon in a creamy lemon sauce that the entire family will love!
My creamy salmon piccata is quickly becoming my new go to recipe. Like most of my favorite recipes on the blog, this is another one pan dinner. So the sauce and the salmon both cook up nicely in just one skillet. I love dinners like this. Easy clean-ups and I were made for each other.
Start by seasoning your salmon fillets with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Then, gather all of your other ingredients and get them ready to go because this recipe moves fast. You also may want to go ahead and pour yourself a glass of KRIS Wine. I’m a huge fan of KRIS Wine! It pairs perfectly with this creamy salmon piccata dish, but it’s so great on its own too!
To bring this whole meal together, I used lots of Alessi products. From capers to olive oil to breadsticks, Alessi products are made with authentic Italian ingredients straight from Italy. My whole family was swooning!
Brad and I enjoyed this deliciousness with a glass of KRIS Wine Italian Pinot Grigio. This wine could not be more perfect with this dish. It’s bursting with light fruity flavors. I love how it has a bold taste, but isn’t too strong and is so refreshing.
Have you tried KRIS Wine? It’s a must. Such a fun Italian Pinot Grigio that is easy to drink and perfect for any occasion. I found KRIS Wine at my local HEB grocery store, but you can also find KRIS Wine conveniently in select locations. Join the KRIS Society to stay up to date on my favorite Pinot Grigio.
Along with the wonderful wine, I served this meal with some organic rigatoni from Alessi, but it would also be great over spaghetti alongside some crusty bread because that sauce is just begging to be soaked up with a hunk of bread.
If you’re watching what you eat, this would be great with a salad on the side too. Quinoa is the perfect alternative if you’re off the pasta currently. Really, anything would go with this.
Make this. Take a picture of this. Eat this. Repeat.
Find more Italian recipes from Alessi Foods.
An easy one pot meal that is on the dinner table in 30 minutes! Perfectly pan seared salmon in a creamy lemon sauce that the entire family will love!
- 4 6 oz salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup flour (gluten free as needed)
- 1 tablespoon Alessi extra virgin olive oil
- Alessi salt & pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup heavy cream*
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3-4 tablespoons Alessi capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley and lemon slices (optional for garnish)
- Alessi organic rigatoni
- Season salmon fillets evenly with salt and pepper. Add flour to a shallow dish; dredge the salmon in the flour to evenly coat. Shake off excess.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and then salmon; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until just cooked to your liking. Peel any skin off of salmon, if needed. Transfer salmon to a warm plate and cover with foil to keep warm; set aside.
- Add butter to skillet and once melted add garlic and sauté about 20 seconds.
- Pour in 1 cup chicken broth and let simmer until broth is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk together remaining 1/3 cup broth with cornstarch.
- While whisking pour cornstarch mixture into reduced broth mixture. Cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in cream and lemon juice. Remove from heat, return salmon to skillet.
Spoon sauce over salmon. Serve over Alessi pasta and sprinkle with capers and parsley. Serve immediately.
**Substitute cream with evaporated milk or half and half to reduce calories and fat.