Best Soup Garnishes
Enjoy this compilation of 5 delicious Soup Garnishes that are all easy to make and great for meal prepping during soup season! From homemade pita chips to toasted pepitas and crispy chickpeas, we’ve got you covered with a crunchy, tasty topping for just about any soup recipe you could dream up!
Zoup! Good, Really Good® provided me with product for the purpose of this post, as well as compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are my own.
If there’s one thing I love about cold weather, it’s soup! And good, crunchy soup garnishes are really what takes any soup to the next level. Today, we’re featuring 5 simple soup garnishes, plus our new favorite convenient heat-and-eat soups that taste just like they’re homemade.
The Zoup! Good, Really Good® Soup lineup includes five, chef-inspired flavors: Chicken & Riced Cauliflower, Spicy Chicken ‘Chilada™, Butternut Squash with Brown Butter and Sage, Tomato Bisque, and Garden Vegetable. These are all kettle-cooked in small batches and free of gluten, artificial ingredients and preservatives. They are made with high-quality ingredients, including one of Zoup!’s homestyle broths as its base and packaged in recyclable glass jars. After tying out these soups, I can promise that I’ll definitely be enjoying them all season long, and beyond.
Chicken & Riced Cauliflower with Homemade Pita Chips
If you’re a sucker for salty snacks like I am, you’ve got to try homemade pita chips! They’re incredibly easy to make and so much better than store-bought (cheaper, too!). All you need is six ingredients, and you’ll have a crispy, crunchy snack (or soup topper) in less than 20 minutes!
These pair great with any of the Zoup! Good, Really Good® Soups, but we especially loved them with the Chicken & Riced Cauliflower Soup!
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 pita bread pockets
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix oil, garlic salt, parsley, basil, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Cut each pita bread into 8 triangles using a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- Arrange some pita triangles in a single layer on each of the prepared baking sheets; brush with oil mixture. Not all will fit, so set remaining triangles aside.
- Bake on two racks of the preheated oven until lightly browned and crispy, about 7 minutes, switching halfway through.
- Transfer pita chips to a serving platter and repeat Steps 4 to 5 with remaining triangles and oil mixture.
Spicy Chicken ‘Chilada™ with Homemade Tortilla Strips
Homemade tortilla strips are one of the best soup garnishes, especially for Mexican-flavored soups, like Zoup!’s Spicy Chicken ‘Chilada™! They are also super easy to make at home and taste so much better than store bought. All you need is tortillas, a little oil and seasoning to make these restaurant-quality tortilla strips from scratch!
- 6 (6-inch) thin tortillas
- Neutral oil
- Salt and taco seasoning, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Brush each side of the tortilla with oil, cut them into strips and then place on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment.
- Sprinkle with salt and taco seasoning. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Butternut Squash with Brown Butter and Sage with Pepitas
Toasted pepitas make for an easy, delicious and nutritious snack or soup topper! They pair perfectly with the fall flavors in Zoup!’s Butternut Squash with Brown Butter and Sage Soup. Simply mix together raw pepitas with olive oil and sea salt, spread on a large baking sheet and bake until golden brown crunchy. Enjoy as an addictive snack you can feel good about eating, or sprinkle over your favorite fall salad or soup for a bit of added crunch.
- 2 cups raw pepitas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the pepitas, oil and salt. Mix well to coat the pepitas.
- Spread the coated pepitas, in a single layer, on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, removing halfway to stir.
Tomato Bisque with Crispy Chickpeas
These crispy chickpeas turn out perfectly crisp and crunchy and are ridiculously simple to make! They’re great enjoyed as a healthy snack or sprinkled over salads and soups. Zoup!’s Tomato Bisque soup is rich, creamy and velvety; and pairs so perfectly with the crunch from the chickpeas.
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste, if needed
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread the drained/rinsed chickpeas over a clean kitchen towel. Pat dry then gently rub the chickpeas in the towel to loosen up the skins. You don’t have to remove all loose skin, but the more you remove the crispier your chickpeas will be.
- Add the dried chickpeas to a large, rimmed baking sheet. Pat the chickpeas once more with a paper towel.
- Roast in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes. Take out the baking sheet, gently shake to mix up the chickpeas then roast for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Oven temps can vary quite a bit, so you may need to keep an eye on your chickpeas in the final 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the chickpeas to a small bowl while still hot. Add 2 teaspoons of oil and toss. Once the chickpeas are coated well in oil, add 2-3 teaspoons of salt or your preferred spices. Taste and season with more spices or salt as you see fit.
Garden Vegetable with Homemade Croutons
If you’re not making your own homemade croutons, then this recipe may just convince you! This is a super simple crouton recipe that instantly levels up any soup or salad. They are especially wonderful served over Zoup!’s Garden Vegetable soup because they soak up all of the delicious savory veggie broth. Make a big batch and enjoy them all week long! See the recipe below in the recipe card.
Where to find the Zoup! Good, Really Good® Soup lineup
Developed by the 20+ year soup industry veteran behind Zoup! Eatery, Zoup! Good, Really Good® products are available for purchase at select retailers nationwide, plus online at ZoupBroth.com and Amazon.com.
In addition to heat-and-eat soups in glass jars, Zoup! has introduced Culinary Concentrates™, super-premium broth bases available in chicken, beef and savory vegan. Zoup! also offers traditional broths and bone broths, including chicken, beef, veggie, and seafood.
Use this special Amazon code, good for 20% off your first purchase of Zoup! products: 20CRAVING. Valid from 2/14/2023 – 3/15/2023.
If you try any of these recipes, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves them as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
- 1 loaf crusty bread, cut into 1″ cubes (about 6 c.)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, toss cubed bread with oil and butter until evenly coated. Add in salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, and Parmesan, and toss to combine until evenly distributed.
- Divide seasoned bread between two large baking sheets.
- Bake until golden and crispy, flipping halfway through, about 15 minutes total.