Italian Baked Shrimp
You guyzzzz… this Italian Baked Shrimp is all kinds of amazing. Make it! It’s the perfect appetizer (with crusty bread to soak up all of the yummy sauce!) or for dinner, served atop some pasta, put it in a salad or eat it plain. It is the BEST. Shrimp. Evah.
I try to eat some type of seafood at least once a week, some of my favorite recipes include fish tacos, grilled salmon and this incredibly delicious (and really easy!) baked shrimp. This flavorful shrimp recipe is fresh (or frozen and thawed) shrimp tossed with melted butter, homemade Italian seasoning and lemon slices, then roasted to tender, juicy perfection. A lighter dinner or appetizer option that takes just minutes to make, can be served in a variety of ways and is packed with flavor.
If you’re a shrimp lover, you’ll enjoy this easy baked shrimp recipe so much. The simple combination of butter, Italian seasoning and lemon makes for the most delicious sauce, and is perfect when served over rice or pasta. This one is sure to get rave reviews!
ingredients for Italian baked shrimp
I love that this recipe is so simple to make with just 4 ingredients and turns out super tasty! Here’s what you’ll be needing:
- Shrimp. of course this is a given! I like using medium to large-sized shrimp for this recipe. And fresh-caught shrimp is best! You can leave the tail on or take it off. We prefer to take the tail off because it makes the shrimp easier to consume when served over pasta.
- Italian seasoning. I highly recommend my homemade Italian seasoning mix to flavor the shrimp. It’s easy to make, so tasty and doesn’t include any weird ingredients like the store-bought packets. It’s also great to have in your spice collection because it can be used to season so many other dishes.
- Butter. You’ll need just a bit of butter to create the perfect “sauce” combined with the Italian seasoning and lemon. So good!
- Lemon. Cooking the shrimp with lemon slices adds so much amazing brightness to the shrimp.
how to bake shrimp
Baking shrimp couldn’t be easier! Here’s a quick rundown of the process, but for full instructions, reference the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Combine ingredients. Add all ingredients to a 9×13″ baking dish and stir to ensure the butter and Italian seasoning completely coats the shrimp.
- Bake. Place shrimp in the oven at 350ºF and bake until the shrimp are cooked through, about 9-13 minutes. They will be pink and opaque when cooked.
- Serve. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve warm, spooning sauce over shrimp. We love to enjoy the shrimp and lemon butter sauce with pasta, rice or crusty bread! So good!
tips for baking shrimp
- Raw shrimp will be a grayish color. As it bakes, it will turn to an opaque whitish pink color. Shrimp doesn’t take too long to bake – just about 10 minutes (maybe a little less)! Be sure to watch it closely.
- When fully cooked, shrimp will curl into a loose “C” shape. If they have curled up into a tight “O” shape, then the shrimp is most likely overcooked. (An undercooked shrimp will still have some grayish spots on them and form more of a flexible “U” shape.)
recommendations for oven baked shrimp
- I recommend buying shrimp that’s already been peeled and deveined to make this dish go faster with less prep.
- Feel free to remove the tails from the shrimp before baking it. We left them on for some of the photos because it is more visually appealing with the tails on, but it can be a bit messy to eat. Totally your call!
- For just an extra kick of heat, add about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes to the recipe.
- Personally, I think cooked shrimp is best enjoyed immediately. If you do have leftovers, store them in the fridge in an airtight container for about 2-3 days. You can reheat the shrimp in the oven for a couple of minutes, in the microwave, over a hot skillet or in an air fryer for a couple of minutes.
what to serve with this lemon butter shrimp dish
Since the shrimp is so simple to prepare, you’ll want to keep the sides easy as well! Our favorite way to enjoy this shrimp is listed in the recipe below: either with crusty bread for sopping up the sauce or atop pasta (or both!). Other ideas: quinoa or rice and roasted broccoli, a simple green salad or with my favorite Italian salad, a mix of your favorite roasted veggies, sautéed kale or chard, creamy polenta, or with a side of couscous. The options are truly endless!
If you’ve been following for any length of time, you know I’m ALL about the easy dinner ideas. It doesn’t get much simpler than this Italian Baked Shrimp! The whole thing is ready in about 15 minutes and tastes wonderful. You just can’t beat that!
more favorite shrimp recipes
If you try this Italian Baked Shrimp recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. It’s so fun to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Italian Baked Shrimp
- 1 pound raw, peeled and de-veined, large shrimp, if frozen, thaw
- 2 tablespoons homemade Italian seasoning mix (Or 2/3 of an Italian seasoning packet)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Fresh parsley, optional, for garnish
- Combine the shrimp, butter, seasoning and lemon in a 9x13" baking pan or dish.
- Bake at 350ºF until shrimp are cooked through (pink and opaque) about 9-13 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm, spooning sauce over shrimp.
- Serve shrimp along with the seasoned butter in the pan over pasta or rice with crusty bread. So good! Enjoy!