Taco Chili in the Crock Pot
Happy Monday, Friends!! How was your weekend? I hope it was a fun one. Mine was VERY low-key to say the least…. we spent the entire weekend, including Friday, holed up in the house due to the horrible ice storm, here in Texas. No marathon, no gymnastics meet, no manicure, no Christmas show for Madelyn with her teacher, no spending Saturday evening in Dallas….. we had tons of stuff planned for this weekend, but we stayed inside by the fire and pretty much just ate all weekend long. That’s right, I’ve got lots of new recipes to share with you! The one I’m sharing today, Taco Chili, is my favorite. Remember when I said that this chili was my favorite? Well, this taco chili just took the top spot and is like no other chili I’ve ever had…. it turned out to be the best chili. EVER. The refried beans and Contadina tomato sauce are the perfect additions and add a wonderful creaminess that most chili recipes don’t have. All of the ingredients meld together so well and make for a super tasty bowl of slightly spicy delicious chili.
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 16- oz can black beans
- 1 16- oz can refried black beans if you can't find refried black beans, just use regular refried beans
- 1 15- oz can tomato sauce I use Contadina brand.
- 1 14.5- oz can diced tomatoes I used Contadina brand.
- 1 4- oz can green chilis
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 pound ground turkey ground chicken or beef would work too
- Combine onion, black beans, refried beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, green chilis, taco seasoning, cumin, and chili powder. Stir in ground turkey and cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Top with your favorite toppings; such as fresh cilantro, sour cream, cheese, Greek yogurt and/or avocado. Also try it with as a dip with tortilla chips or as a topping over rice.
Something to think about…..
What is the weather like where you live? Any ice?
Have you had chili, yet, this Fall?
What is your favorite chili recipe? Feel free to post the link.
Every mealtime masterpiece starts with Contadina and ends with a clean plate. Our mission is to gather families together around the dinner table with our delicious, Italian-style recipes and carefully-sorted Roma-style tomatoes.
“Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Contadina via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Contadina.”