Seared Salmon with Curried Pineapple
This post is sponsored by alli®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
With easy preparation and incredible flavor, this Seared Salmon with Curried Pineapple is on the short list for weeknight meals that hit all my criteria: fast, healthy, filling and over-the-top tasty!
Seasoned salmon is pan-fried until the exterior is super crispy while the interior remains buttery soft. Spoon curried pineapple over the salmon to really take this meal to the next level.
This salmon recipe lends itself well to a myriad of favorite sides. I like serving it with steamed broccoli or roasted green beans, but it would be equally delicious served with a fresh spinach salad.
To get you out of the kitchen in a flash, have all of the necessary ingredients within arm’s reach. This recipe moves very quickly, so it works best to have everything out and ready to go. Start by combining pineapple, vinegar, curry powder and garlic clove in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. After cooking, you will blend this mixture until smooth.
While the curried pineapple is simmering, prepare salmon. Mix your seasonings and rub over the flesh side of salmon.
Sear salmon in a heated skillet, starting with flesh side down. Cook about 4 minutes on each side and until salmon flakes easily with fork.
Serve immediately with curried pineapple sauce spooned over the top. Yum!
- 1.5 cups pineapple chunks canned in juice
- .5 cups white-rice vinegar
- .5 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 teaspoons black pepper divided
- 2 lbs wild Alaskan or Washington salmon fresh
- .5 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon ground
- 1 tablespoon coriander ground
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon cloves ground
- 1 tablespoon ginger ground
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Combine pineapple (drained), vinegar, curry powder, and garlic clove (peeled and minced) in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Place pineapple mixture in a blender, and process until smooth. Stir in 1 teaspoon of the black pepper (freshly cracked works best). Set aside.
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 6 pieces, approximately 5 ounces each, if necessary. Sprinkle salt evenly over fish.
- Combine cinnamon, coriander, remaining 3 teaspoons of black pepper, allspice, cloves and ginger. Rub flesh side of each fish fillet with spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add salmon, spice (flesh) side down, and cook about 4 minutes on each side or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately with pineapple sauce spooned over top.
If you love salmon as much as I do, try these other delicious recipes!
Something to think about….
Are you a salmon fan? What’s your favorite way to cook it up?
Find more alli® weight loss recipes at https://www.myalli.com/