These easy and healthy veggie packed Pimiento Cheese Collard Wraps are perfect for a light lunch, appetizer or snack. Vegetarian and gluten-free.
Have you tried collard wraps yet? Please say yes. They’re kind of my jam right now.
If not, they’re like lettuce wraps. Only I think they’re a little better because collard leaves are bigger and stronger than most lettuce leaves so you can make massive burrito-like wraps without them falling apart. If you haven’t tried them yet, you must step up your wrap game and try them. Even if you’re not a huge raw collard green person. Once you stuff the leaf with copious amounts of Price*s Pimiento Cheese and veggies, you won’t even realize you’re using a uber healthy collard leaf instead of a carby flour wrap.
The lovely part about these wraps is that they’re insanely easy to whip up, require no cooking and are amazingly healthy. They’re like a salad in wrap form!
And they’re totally customizable too! You can use whatever veggies you have on hand — keep them raw or roast them for extra flavor. I used lots of crunchy raw veggies (carrots, cucumber and cabbage). I do think adding at least one roasted veggie is perfect because it adds a different texture and a little caramelized, roasted flavor to the wrap.
For the spread, I went with Price*s Pimiento Cheese and boy, was it yummy. Price*s is made with real cheese, pimiento peppers & salad dressing. The Original recipe offers a sweet & tangy flavor and the Southern Style has a savory flavor with a kick of spice.
There’s so much you can do with this cheese spread, guys. Use it to stuff mini peppers for entertaining, make a dip out of or make the ultimate hot ham & cheese. I’ve even seen it used for making bread and crackers. The options are endless! But start off by making the wraps. 😊
Eat these wraps for lunch, dinner, a snack or any meal in between! You really can’t go wrong with something this easy and tasty. They make the perfect bite to take on the go, such as for work lunches, picnics or beach outings. I suspect they’d taste better on the beach than in an office cubicle, but it’s just a hunch. Food tastes better in nature if you ask me.
Pimiento Cheese Collard Wrap- packed with pimiento cheese goodness and loaded with veggies. The perfect take-along snack or light lunch. Vegetarian + Gluten Free
- 2 collard leaves
- 1/2 cup Price*s Pimiento Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup cucumber , peeled and sliced into short thin strips
- 1-2 carrots , peeled and sliced into short thin strips
- 1/2 cup cabbage mix and/or baby greens
- Optional: 1/2 avocado , micro greens, sprouts
- Wash and dry collard leaves and then use a paring knife to shave down the stems. This will make them much easier to fold.
- Place collard leaves on a flat surface, spread ¼ cup of hummus near the top/middle of each leaf, fill each leaf with the remaining veggies, splitting each amount between the two wraps. Wrap the leaves as you would a burrito. Cut each wrap in half and enjoy.
OTHER LUNCH RECIPES
Something to think about….