Paleo Chicken Tenders (Whole30 Approved!)
Delicious Baked Paleo Chicken Tenders made with a mix of almond and coconut flour and baked to perfection. These easy chicken tenders are perfect for an easy weeknight dinner. Adult and kiddo-approved!
Whether you grew up on chicken fingers, chicken strips, or just good old tenders, you’re going to love this lightened-up baked chicken tender recipe. They’re basically a grown-up version of a classic, and I’m seriously in loveeeeee.
Not only are these tenders super tasty, they’re also SO easy! Let me show you how!
HOW TO MAKE PALEO CHICKEN TENDERS
Grab yourself two shallow bowls – in one bowl crack two eggs and beat and then in the other bowl combine the flours and seasonings. Instead of traditional breadcrumbs, these chicken tenders get dredged in an almond and coconut flour mixture. This will not only make them paleo, but it also keeps them nice and crispy!
Dip the chicken into the egg, shake off any excess and then dredge the chicken in the flour mixture. Transfer all of the “breaded” chicken to a parchment lined baking sheet. Spray the tops of the chicken with a nonstick cooking spray and bake for about 20-25 minutes at 425ºF.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PALEO CHICKEN TENDERS
I serve these babies with an easy homemade paleo ranch for the ultimate dipping, but you can choose whatever sauces your heart desires. Healthy honey mustard? A homemade BBQ sauce? TIME TO GET WILD. Oh and these three dipping sauces are the absolute best and would be so perfect! I also really like this Whole30 ketchup (best price is from Thrive Market).
Paleo Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds chicken tenders*
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Ghee oil spray, coconut oil spray, or avocado oil spray
- parchment paper for lining baking pan
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
- Crack eggs into a large shallow bowl and whisk.
- In a separate shallow bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, and seasonings. Toss to combine evenly.
- One at a time, place chicken tender into the eggs and coat. Then, dredge into the almond flour mixture and use your other hand to coat in the breading.
- Place breaded chicken on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Continue process until all of the chicken is breaded and on the baking sheet.
- Spray the tops of the chicken with cooking spray of choice.
- Bake in oven until chicken is browned and cooked through, 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice and enjoy!