3 Easy Dipping Sauces
These delicious, easy dipping sauces are perfect for game day snacking, holiday entertaining or anytime you want to branch out from plain ketchup. Honey mustard, BBQ honey mustard and apricot sweet chili are simple to make and super tasty! Pair them with chicken tenders, smoked sausage, French fries or drizzle them over grilled chicken.
Is there anything in this world that’s not made better by sauce? Definitely not. Because if you don’t already know: sauce is life. And you are going to absolutely love the flavors of these simple dipping sauces!
Here’s the 3 perfectly smooth and creamy sauces on the menu:
- Flavorful honey mustard made with just 5 ingredients.
- BBQ honey mustard with a little bit of heat, a little bit of sweet, and a whole lot of flavor! This one is so good with sweet potato fries!
- Apricot sweet chili that’s rich with sweet apricot flavor. We love this one paired with coconut shrimp or spring rolls!
Slather these on sandwiches or use them as a dipping sauce for chicken, fries, veggies and much more!
We are absolutely obsessed with these dipping sauces! Even my kids can’t get enough! My son went to town on the BBQ honey mustard sauce. It tastes amazing – sweet, tangy, creamy, and totally delicious. My older daughter’s favorite was the apricot sweet chili sauce – sweet and spicy, the perfect complement to savory meats. And I’m putting the simple honey mustard on everything because it’s just that delicious. Of course, the hubby went for all three! Here’s everything you’ll need to make them:
- BBQ honey mustard. This is a mix of mayonnaise, mustard and honey BBQ sauce.
- Apricot sweet chili sauce. Use apricot jam or preserves, sweet chili sauce and lemon juice to make this easy sauce recipe.
- BEST honey mustard. You’ll need a good quality honey, mayo, dijon mustard, white vinegar and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
How to make these sauce recipes
These dipping sauce recipes could not be easier! There’s not much to it other than stirring a few simple ingredients together in a small bowl.
Full, printable instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Grab ingredients. Add the ingredients for whatever sauce you’re craving to a small bowl.
- Combine. Stir the ingredients together until fully combined and your mixture is smooth. It may be necessary to strain the apricot sauce for a thinner consistency.
- Store. Cover and place the sauce in the fridge. I like to let the sauce chill in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours for the best flavor. However, if you’d prefer your dip to be room temperature, feel free to enjoy immediately.
- Enjoy! Serve on burgers, sandwiches, wraps and use it as a dip for French fries or chicken nuggets. Yum!
Pro tips: I highly recommend making this sauce in advance, so the flavor can really build! Add salt as needed, I personally don’t feel that any of the sauces need salt added.
There are so many different ways to serve these 3 sauces, and they all happen to be super delicious and addicting! Here’s some options we love:
- Drizzled over roasted sweet potatoes, carrots or any other roasted vegetables
- As a dip with chicken tenders, nuggets, grilled chicken, crispy baked tofu, healthy meatballs, fries or any other favorite finger foods
- Slathered on sandwiches, wraps, potato skins or hamburgers
- Paired with a grain (Buddha) bowl baked or a green salad
Frequently asked questions
How long do these sauces last?
The sauces will keep fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, maybe even a bit longer.
Can I substitute the white distilled vinegar in the honey mustard?
If you don’t happen to have white vinegar available, try using white wine vinegar. You could also use apple cider vinegar, it just may be a bit more tangy.
Can I swap the dijon mustard for regular yellow mustard?
For the honey mustard recipe, I would definitely stick with dijon to get the perfect flavor.
Can the apricot chili sauce be used as a glaze?
Sounds wonderful! Really any of the sauces would be great as a glaze on top of salmon or chicken.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. It’s so fun to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
3 Easy Dipping Sauces
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup regular or light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
BBQ Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup regular or light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Honey BBQ Sauce
Apricot Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup apricot jam or preserves
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- Juice from ½ lemon
- To make any one of the dipping sauces, whisk all ingredients for each sauce in a small dish until smooth. If sauce seems too thick, push it through a very fine strainer. I did this with the apricot sweet chili.
- Serve dipping sauces in small bowls with sliced smoked sausage, chicken tenders or anything else that sounds good.