No-Bake Oreo Pie – Only 3 Ingredients!
This no-bake Oreo Pie is one of my very favorite desserts!! Not only is it rich, creamy and over-the-top delicious, it has to be the easiest pie recipe ever. There’s no oven required and you only need 3 simple ingredients for the crust, filling and topping. Cookies and cream pie is a fun and festive dessert that looks impressive, yet is so easy to make! Perfect to serve for the holidays, Valentine’s Day, birthdays, or any other special occasion!
no-bake Oreo pie is my new favorite dessert
This no-bake Oreo pie reminds me of a childhood dessert my sister and I used to go crazy over. When we were little, one of our favorite places to eat was Golden Corral. If you’ve never been, it’s a family-friendly buffet style restaurant. We loved to visit the dessert table and load up on the Oreo mousse. I still think about how delicious that Oreo mousse tasted!
Cookies ‘n Cream ice cream is my go-to and I love Oreo desserts, so I experimented with this recipe for my family’s Christmas celebration. It turned out to be a real winner! My sister took one bite and said, “You know what this reminds me of?” And I knew exactly what it reminded her of! That delicious Oreo mousse from Golden Corral! Needless to say, this Oreo pie didn’t last long. Once you start eating it, it’s hard to stop!
Anything Cookies ‘n Cream is my favorite! And this pie hit the spot! I’ll definitely be recreating this deliciousness for a special treat for Valentine’s Day! ❤️
ingredients for oreo pie
This Oreo pie recipe could not get any easier! This irresistible Oreo dessert is made with just 3 simple ingredients, including the crust and topping. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Oreos. A standard size Oreo cookie package has 39 cookies in it. You will need 24 cookies for the Oreo cookie crust (if making your own) and 12 for the filling – this leaves you 3 cookies to garnish the top. If you want to have more cookies for garnish, I suggest buying a family size Oreo cookie package, which contains 48 cookies.
- Butter. You will only need butter if you’re making homemade Oreo pie crust, which I highly recommend.
- Cool Whip. Used for the base of the filling and for the topping. Do not try to replace the Cool Whip with another whipped topping. Cool Whip will yield the BEST results. Whipped cream will not stay nice and fluffy and it will eventually melt.
Oreo pie crust
This Oreo pie crust is super easy and I much prefer homemade Oreo pie crusts to store-bought Oreo cookie crusts. It only takes a matter of minutes to make and is so delicious. You only need two ingredients for this crust – Oreos and butter. There’s no need to remove the filling from the Oreos. It adds flavor and helps hold the crust together. I would recommend using standard Oreos, here, and not the double or mega stuf version.
To make the crust, simply add the Oreos (with filling) into a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor, you could put the Oreos into a bag and smash them with a rolling pin or something similar. You’ll just need to make sure to get fine crumbs because they will hold together better.
Add the melted butter to the Oreo crumbs and stir the mixture together until well combined. Press this mixture into the pie plate, making sure to firmly press it into an even layer on the bottom and around the sides. I like to use the bottom of a glass cup or measuring cup to help press the crust into the bottom of the pie plate to make sure it is tightly packed.
There’s no need to bake the Oreo crust for this particular recipe. Stick it in the fridge or freezer while you make the filling.
how to make an Oreo pie
Not only is the ingredient list short and sweet, but making the cookies and cream pie is a breeze! Here’s a quick rundown of how to make this Oreo dessert, but you’ll find the full, printable instructions at the bottom of the page.
- Once you’ve made the crust and while it’s in the refrigerator, make the filling. Add 12 Oreos (filling and all) to a food processor or blender and grind into fine crumbs.
- Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a mixing bowl and fold in 8 ounces of Cool Whip until completely combined.
- Spoon the pie filling into the Oreo Pie crust and smooth the top with a spatula. Top the Oreo cream filling with the other 8 ounces of Cool Whip and smooth it out over the top of the pie.
- Garnish the top with about 3 crushed Oreos or get fancy and add some cookies to the top too! Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight. Slice and enjoy!
tips for the perfect Oreo pie
This Oreo pie recipe really could not be easier, but here are a few tips, so that your pie is absolutely perfect!
- Oreo cookies. You do NOT need to remove the filling from the Oreo cookies before crushing them up for the crust or for the filling.
- Crushing the cookies. There are a few ways to crush up the Oreo cookies. I like to use my food processor, but if you don’t have a food processor, you can use a high-powered blender. You also can crush them manually, by placing the cookies in a large ziplock bag, and rolling over them with a rolling pin or wine bottle. Just make sure to get all of the cookies good and crushed!
- Make-ahead. Oreo pie is the perfect dessert to prep ahead of time! You can even make it 2 days before you plan to serve it. If you are making it in advance, I would leave the garnish off until just before serving.
- Storing the pie. Before covering the Oreo pie to refrigerate, I like to just barely push a few toothpicks into the top of the pie, so that the cling wrap doesn’t stick to the topping.
Because of the necessary refrigeration time, Oreo cream pie is a great make-ahead dessert! You can make the pie up to 2 days in advance. Cover and refrigerate before adding the topping. You can also make just the crust up to 2 days ahead of time. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days before adding the filling.
storing leftover Oreo pie
Leftover Oreo pie will keep well, covered, in the refrigerator for up to about 5 days. I seriously doubt it will last that long, though!
You will not be disappointed by this easy Oreo pie – it’s so simple and a total crowd pleaser! I also love that it can be made days ahead of time, so on the day of your party all you need to do is slice, serve and enjoy!
more delicious pies
Looking for other easy, super delicious pie recipes? If so give some of our other favs a try!
If you try this no-bake Oreo pie recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. It’s so fun to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
No-Bake Oreo Pie
OREO COOKIE PIE CRUST
- 24 Oreos, (2 cups, 268g Oreo crumbs)
- 4 tablespoons (56g) butter, melted (salted or unsalted is fine)
COOL WHIP FILLING
- 12 Oreos, (1 cup, 134g Oreo crumbs)
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip or 1 large (16 ounce) container
- 3 Oreos, crushed
- To make the crust, add 24 Oreos (filling and all) to a food processor or blender and grind into fine crumbs.
- Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a medium mixing bowl and stir with the melted butter. Pour the mixture into a 9" pie dish and press into an even layer on the bottom and up the sides. I like to do this using the bottom of a drinking glass or measuring cup to get the crumbs tightly packed into the bottom of the dish. Place the crust in the refrigerator while you're making the filling.
- To make the filling, add 12 Oreos (filling and all) to a food processor or blender and grind into fine crumbs. Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a medium mixing bowl and stir with 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip or half of a large (16 ounce) container.
- Spoon the filling into the Oreo pie crust and smooth the top with a spatula. Top the Oreo filling with the other 8 ounce container of Cool Whip or the other half of the 16 ounce container and smooth it out over the top of the pie.
- Garnish with about 3 crushed Oreos or get fancy and add some cookies to the top too! Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Slice and enjoy!
- Crust. You can use a store-bought Oreo pie crust instead of making your own. I personally like homemade best!
- Covering the pie. Before covering the Oreo pie to refrigerate, I like to just barely push a few toothpicks into the top of the pie, so that the cling wrap doesn’t stick to the topping.
- Storing leftovers. Pie will keep well, covered in the refrigerator, for up to about 5 days.
- Make ahead. This pie can be made up to 2 days in advance. If making in advance, cover and refrigerate before adding the extra Oreo topping. You can also make just the crust 2 days ahead of time. Cover and refrigerate it for up to 2 days before adding the filling.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
Made two, one with regular Oreos and the other with Mint Oreos placing Mint leaves on top. They were both devoured! So easy to make!
Love that you tried the mint Oreos! So happy you enjoyed!
I made this for Christmas and unfortunately it was like soup. Any tips to avoid that next time?
Did you use Cool Whip? Did you keep it refrigerated? This has never become soupy for me and haven’t had anyone comment with a problem. I also made it for Christmas and it was a hit, as always. Sorry you didn’t have great results.
This was amazing! Made it for a family gathering and it was devoured. I will definitely make it again!
Yum! Made this yesterday… it was SUPER easy and everyone loved it! A new go-to dessert recipe!
My family loved the pie that I made it twice back to back. The recipe is easy to follow. I love the no bake.
Super happy you enjoyed!! This is one of my all-time favorites too!
Thanks for the super easy recipe! I did make this with “lite” cool whip and it turned out just fine. Then I made it more guilty by adding a thin layer of edible cookie dough on top of the crust layer. To die for! You can also find mini Oreos which are fun to throw on top.
Okay… that sounds amazing! I’m going to have to try the cookie dough version!
I made this recipe yesterday to bring into work today! I’ve always wanted to try a no-bake recipe (go figure right? I’ve always done ‘baking ‘recipes!) and figured I pair this with the work pizza party today. I was nervous about how it would taste from a texture perspective (being too soft/mushy), but was divine!
Thanks again for such a great recipe like usual <3
Can you make this using Mint Oreos??
I made this for myself as a Mother’s Day present and it was amazing!! What is so awesome about this recipe is that I can make it gluten free (gluten free oreos) and dairy free (soy and coconut whipped cream). I absolutely love oreos, so this was just so cool. Thank you so much for all your recipes. I love your site!
This makes me so happy! It’s so simple, but honestly one of my very favorite desserts. Love that you were able to adapt it to your dietary needs.
I just made this pie and oh my gosh the result is heavenly it was delicious not to sweet that crust just fell apart in your mouth it was absolutely amazing and it’s crazy how simple the recipe is
I highly HIGHLY recommend this Dessert for any occasion!
So happy you enjoyed!! It’s a favorite of mine too!