Mashed Potato Bar
The traditional comfort dish is transformed into game day fun with this yummy mashed potato bar!
You guys, there are no words. Serving mashed potatoes bar-style is just incredible. There’s endless creativity with this idea – simply make up a few batches of Idaho Spuds mashed potatoes and prepare your favorite ingredients for toppings. For my variations, I kept things simple with cheese, butter, bacon and chives. There are a myriad of choices, though. I bet caramelized onions, sundried tomatoes, sour cream and chives would be so good too. Go big on game day! What are your favorite potato topping ideas?
Idaho Spuds mashed potatoes are perfect for whipping up a tasty potato bar in no time at all! They always use 100% real Idaho® potatoes and leave out the partially hydrogenated oils. These are gluten free too! Available in two sizes; 4-servings or the new value size 16-serving resealable pouch.
I hope you all love this mashed potato bar serving idea as much as I do! It’s:
So dang delicious and flavorful
Set up a mashed potato bar for neighbors, friends, family or just yourself, whether it’s game day or not. You will love the creamy texture of Idaho Spuds, serious yumminess and as many fun toppings that you can think up.
If you do create a mashed potato bar, I’d love to see! Take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram. Bonus points if it’s a selfie of a giant bite entering your face. Enjoy!
- 2 3.74 ounce Idaho Spuds Mashed Potatoes Pouches (I used country buttered variety)
- Optional topping ideas:
- Chopped ham, bacon, or Canadian bacon
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Greek yogurt
- Caramelized onion, diced
- Roasted red pepper, diced
- Creamed corn
- BBQ pulled pork or chicken
- Toasted bread crumbs
- Small bowls or even disposable martini glasses for serving
- Prepare Idaho Spuds according to package instructions. Once prepared, transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Arrange preferred toppings in small serving bowls with small serving spoons.
- To enjoy mashed potatoes, spoon preferred amount of potatoes into small bowl and choose your favorite toppings to garnish mashed potatoes.
Looking for similar party foods? Try some of my other favorites!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite game day snack? Have you tried Idaho Spuds?
Enter the Idaho Spuds Game Day sweepstakes! Choose your favorite Game Day recipe and get a chance to choose your own Boise adventure.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.