Cranberry Pecan Banana Bread with Nutella® Hazelnut Spread
This Cranberry Pecan Banana Bread is bursting with tart cranberries and crunchy pecans! It’s a seasonal quick bread that pairs perfectly with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread and is tailor-made for the holidays.
This post is sponsored by Nutella® hazelnut spread but all opinions are my own.
CRANBERRY PECAN BANANA BREAD IS OUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY QUICK BREAD!
If you are looking for a new quick bread recipe that is perfect for the holiday season, you have found it. It’s so amazingly soft and tender, plus quick and easy to make. I love a big slice with 1 tablespoon of NUTELLA® hazelnut spread (a little bit goes a long way) for breakfast!
NUTELLA® hazelnut spread is so delicious spread over this cranberry bread. I’m a huge fan of NUTELLA® hazelnut spread on pretty much everything from pancakes to oatmeal to toast. Such a great way to elevate my breakfast.
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY PECAN BANANA BREAD:
This cranberry quick bread is classic, which means it’s super quick and easy to throw together. It’s important to use fresh cranberries as opposed to dried because they add a pleasant tartness (that pairs especially well with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread) and look so pretty and festive once the bread is sliced.
Begin, by combining all of the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
Next, combine all of the wet ingredients – mashed bananas, sour cream, egg, vanilla and melted butter in a medium bowl.
After both dry and wet ingredients are mixed well, add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir gently until just combined.
Add the cranberries and chopped pecans.
Mix again to incorporate and scrape the batter into a greased loaf pan and add the oats over the top.
Bake for about one hour, then cool in the pan on a rack for about 15 minutes.
Turn the loaf out onto the rack to cool completely.
Slice, serve and enjoy with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread – such a winning combo!
Enjoy other recipes that would pair perfectly with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread!
Flourless Banana Apple Muffins
Low Fat Flourless Banana Bread
Hop over to Nutella.com for even more recipe inspiration!
I’d love to know if you make this (or any) recipe! Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Cranberry Pecan Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup lite sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (Yes, really 1 TABLESPOON!)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts any combination of walnuts, pecans, cashews, pistachios
- 3 tablespoon rolled oats
- NUTELLA® hazelnut spread, 1 tbsp per serving
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Line a 8” x 4” loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together mashed banana, sour cream, egg, vanilla and butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and fold the ingredients until all the flour has been incorporated and a shaggy, wet batter is formed.
- Gently stir in the cranberries and chopped pecans.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and evenly spread all batter into the corners and around sides.
- Sprinkle oats over the top and bake for 60 minutes. When finished, the loaf should be domed and golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing and slicing. Serve with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread on each slice.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
Is the 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla correct? Should it be 1 Teaspoon?
Yes, 1 tablespoon! Trust me!
My mom would be so in love with this bread. cranberry and pecans are just so good. And really, I’ll eat nutella on a dried up shoe LOL!
Chocolate and cranberries sound like a delicious combination! 🙂
Will this recipe still work if I switched it out for Blueberries? I’m all for cranberries but my girlfriend doesn’t really like them so I’ll have to try blueberries instead
Totally! I’ve even got plans to post a blueberry version on the blog.
This is such a lovely holiday bread — made that much more special with that spread of nutella. Wow! — my daughter would go GA-GA for this.
Love love love nutella! Can’t wait to make this for breakfast this coming weekend!
What a beautiful festive bread. We are all about the cranberry recipes at the moment.
I am loving the colorful festive look of this and it has all the ingredients that shout Christmas and so pretty with the cranberry~
Such a delicious combination for a loaf, with the added cranberries. Perfect for breakfast or a mid-morning treat with coffee.