Cranberry Pecan Banana Bread with Nutella® Hazelnut Spread
This Cranberry Pecan Banana Bread is bursting with tart cranberries and crunchy pecans! It’s a seasonal quick bread that pairs perfectly with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread and is tailor-made for the holidays.
This post is sponsored by Nutella® hazelnut spread but all opinions are my own.
CRANBERRY PECAN BANANA BREAD IS OUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY QUICK BREAD!
If you are looking for a new quick bread recipe that is perfect for the holiday season, you have found it. It’s so amazingly soft and tender, plus quick and easy to make. I love a big slice with 1 tablespoon of NUTELLA® hazelnut spread (a little bit goes a long way) for breakfast!
NUTELLA® hazelnut spread is so delicious spread over this cranberry bread. I’m a huge fan of NUTELLA® hazelnut spread on pretty much everything from pancakes to oatmeal to toast. Such a great way to elevate my breakfast.
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY PECAN BANANA BREAD:
This cranberry quick bread is classic, which means it’s super quick and easy to throw together. It’s important to use fresh cranberries as opposed to dried because they add a pleasant tartness (that pairs especially well with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread) and look so pretty and festive once the bread is sliced.
Begin, by combining all of the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
Next, combine all of the wet ingredients – mashed bananas, sour cream, egg, vanilla and melted butter in a medium bowl.
After both dry and wet ingredients are mixed well, add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir gently until just combined.
Add the cranberries and chopped pecans.
Mix again to incorporate and scrape the batter into a greased loaf pan and add the oats over the top.
Bake for about one hour, then cool in the pan on a rack for about 15 minutes.
Turn the loaf out onto the rack to cool completely.
Slice, serve and enjoy with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread – such a winning combo!
Enjoy other recipes that would pair perfectly with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread!
Hop over to Nutella.com for even more recipe inspiration!
This Cranberry Pecan Banana Bread is bursting with tart cranberries and crunchy pecans! It's a seasonal quick bread that pairs perfectly with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread and is tailor-made for the holidays.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup lite sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts any combination of walnuts, pecans, cashews, pistachios
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- NUTELLA® hazelnut spread, 1 tbsp per serving
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Line a 8” x 4” loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together mashed banana, sour cream, egg, vanilla and butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and fold the ingredients until all the flour has been incorporated and a shaggy, wet batter is formed.
- Gently stir in the cranberries and chopped pecans.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and evenly spread all batter into the corners and around sides.
- Sprinkle oats over the top and bake for 60 minutes. When finished, the loaf should be domed and golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
Let the loaf cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing and slicing. Serve with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread on each slice.
STORAGE RECOMMENDATIONS: Wrap cooled baked loaves tightly in plastic wrap and store at room temperature up to 7 days. Baked loaves can also be wrapped in plastic and aluminum foil and frozen for up to three months.