Coconut Cashew Butter
You just thought cookie butter was the best butter to be had!!!! If you’re a HUGE cookie butter fan, I’ve got a much healthier and just as tasty alternative for you. Ohhhhh….. this stuff is so good and really addicting. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Cashews are one of my very favorite nuts! They’re creamy, sweet and grind up so quick and easy; not to mention all of the lovely desserts that you can make with cashew cream. As an added plus, cashews are rich in iron, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium and zinc. They are also good sources of phytochemicals, antioxidants, and protein. And as if you didn’t already LOVE cashews, they have a lower fat content than most other nuts.
- 2 cups raw cashew pieces, whole cashews also work
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes, My coconut was from a bulk bin, Bob's Red Mill is a great brand
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, it does not have to be melted
- salt to taste, start with a pinch
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and grind for about 10-15 minutes.
- You may need to stop every couple of minutes to scrape the sides of the bowl. If you like your nut butter drippy (like I do) just process a little longer.
Creamy…. dreamy….yes, this stuff is pretty much icing in a jar. Healthy, vegan icing in a jar. In fact, this would make the perfect cupcake frosting. Coconut cupcakes…. okay, for another post, perhaps. You might want to double this recipe…. I’m just sayin’!
Something to think about…..
You are a nut butter fan, right? What’s your favorite type of nut butter?
Have you ever made your own nut butter? I’m planning to try macadamia nuts next.
Please tell me you’re also a coconut fan! If not, you might want to steer clear of making this. There is definitely a coconutty flavor.
Now, let’s see if I can get a post together for Friday. I haven’t been so successful lately, with Friday posts. Have a good one!