I’m so excited to share my tips for cooking up one of my all-time favorite recipes and the best pan-fried salmon you’ve ever tasted. This salmon is so easy, quick and flavorful.
Salmon can easily be undercooked or overcooked. But with my simple cooking technique, you’ll be able to serve perfect salmon right at home – wonderfully crisp and seared on the outside and completely cooked through to perfection on the inside.
This super simple pan-fried salmon is one that you’ll be digging into time and time again. It’s simple enough for fast family dinners but so stunningly tasty you’ll be eager to share it for special occasions too. Use it in salads, pastas, tacos or alongside roasted veggies.
Start things off with wild caught Alaskan salmon for it’s environmentally sound fishing techniques, lower toxins and more robust flavor. It can be found readily available at your grocer’s seafood counter. You can also use flash frozen salmon that will yield just about as tasty of results as fresh. I buy a huge bag of frozen wild caught Alaskan salmon from Costco, for a great price.
The salmon is then rubbed with your favorite seasoning. My most recent choice is the Chili Lime Seasoning Salt from Trader Joe’s. This stuff is fabulous on everything from meat to veggies. We also commonly use taco seasoning or my homemade rub.
You can give the rub some time to set on the fish. Honestly, though, it’s not necessary. I often cook my salmon just after adding the rub and it’s just as tasty.
This tasty salmon rivals any salmon I’ve ever eaten at a restaurant and it’s so easy too – cover, cook, uncover, flip and cook a bit more. It’s as simple as that, but results in the best texture, juiciness and flavor. Give it a try and I know your family will love it just as much as mine does! This salmon is:
& So delicious
This pan-fried salmon is perfect to serve when hosting guests or when you need a satisfying-yet-healthy entrée on the table fast. It’s a true crowd-pleaser!
This salmon is fabulous served up with some easy oven roasted veggies, but it also pairs especially well with my favorite detox salad, seen in these pictures.
If you try this recipe, leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Also, be sure to tag a photo #kimscravings on Instagram! Enjoy, friends!
- Salmon fillets (2 fillets, about 1 pound feeds 2 people)
- Seasoning to cover the entire salmon fillet
- In a nonstick pan, add about ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or spray with a good amount of cooking spray; heat to medium-high.
- While pan is getting hot, rub salmon with seasoning.
- When pan is hot, add the salmon, flesh side down, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Flip the salmon and cook fish all the way through (uncovered), about 5 more minutes. You can check the middle of the salmon with a fork to make sure it is heated and beginning to flake. (This timing was perfect- you don't want overcooked salmon and it will continue to cook a bit even after removed from heat.)*
- Serve salmon with roasted veggies, salad, or use it to make sweet potato salmon cakes or fish tacos.
*If preferred you can rub your salmon with seasoning, cover and store in the fridge for 30 minutes and up to one day.
RECIPES USING THIS PAN-FRIED SALMON
Something to think about….
Are you a fan of salmon? How do you like to cook it?