Happy 2nd week of 2017, food fam! Hopefully this year is treating you right, so far! Personally, I can’t complain and I think we can all agree that this sweet potato sunshine smoothie is beautiful and we all want to slurp it down. I normally crave warmer things this time of year, but a vibrant smoothie makes a shining exception with its rich orange hue, creamy texture and warm, spicy notes. And I’ve learned to love sweet potato in a whole new way!
Not only is the smoothie easy on the eyes, it’s also freaking delicious, so easy and only requires 5 ingredients – all things you probably already have in your kitchen.
Simply add refreshing Trop50 juice beverage, your favorite non-dairy milk – I like unsweetened vanilla almond milk, roasted sweet potato, frozen banana and some cinnamon to your blender. You can also throw in some protein powder, if you’d like.
You’re going to love the health benefits you gulp down in this smoothie! Perfect for any new year, new you resolutions you’re trying to keep. Trop50, sweet potato and banana are all rich in potassium and plenty of other nutrients. And the Trop50 offers the same great taste of orange juice with half the sugar and calories.
And fresh it is, squeezed from fresh oranges and providing 100% of your vitamin C needs with no artificial sweetener – Trop50 has quickly become my favorite smoothie ingredient. I actually enjoy drinking it anytime I’m craving a citrusy blast of yumminess.
I hope you all love this sunshine smoothie! It’s:
Easy to make
Creamy + Delicious
Perfectly sweet +citrusy
& Super healthy!
This is a great breakfast meal or post-workout snack. If you try it, snap a picture and tag me at #kimscravings on Instagram – I can’t wait to hear what you guys think about it! Have an awesome week, and enjoy every second of it.
- ½ cup sweet potato puree (about 1 small sweet potato), skin removed (or sub pumpkin puree)
- 1 small extra ripe banana, previously frozen
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup Trop50 juice beverage
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other milk product)
- ½-1 cup ice cubes
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- For sweet potato puree, cut sweet potato in half, lengthwise and place face down on baking sheet. Roast at 400 degrees F. for about 25 mins and until soft. Let cool slightly before adding to blender.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings/sweetness as needed. Add more ice to thicken.
- Serve in one large glass or smoothie cup and enjoy!
Love the Sweet Potato Sunshine Smoothie and want to try similar recipes? Look no further?
Something to think about….
Have you given Trop50 a try? What are you waiting for?! I seriously love starting the day with real, fresh oranges and knowing that I’ve already consumed 100% of my vitamin C needs. And when it’s this tasty, it makes for a pretty easy goal!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.