A light, maple flavored sweet omelet topped Greek yogurt and juicy blueberries is the perfect change of pace for breakfast!
Don’t you just love that deep yellow color of the eggs? That’s farm fresh eggs, people. They sure make for a gorgeous sweet omelet!
If you can find them, it’s definitely the way to go. Not only are they healthier with an increased amount of vitamins and minerals, but have you seen how some companies treat chickens? Horrific! I’m lucky that a few of my coworkers actually raise chickens, so I always have eggs available from pasture-raised chickens. You can usually find free range eggs from the grocery store, but at a significantly higher price.
If you have a sweet tooth like me and love a sweet breakfast, you’ve got to give this omelet a try. It’s so easy to whip up in the morning and such a refreshing way to start the day! Please tell me you’ll put this sweet omelet on your meal plan for the upcoming week. You guys will love it. It’s:
Packed with essential good fats and protein
And perfectly sweet with a lovely zing of tart Greek yogurt!
Brunch anyone? Feel free to double, triple or even quadruple this sweet omelet recipe. Your family will thank you!
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 generous teaspoon maple syrup + more for topping
- ⅓ cup blueberry Greek yogurt or other favorite variety
- ⅓ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- Heat coconut oil in a small pan to medium-high heat. Break the eggs into a small bowl and whisk vigorously and until light and fluffy (for a fluffy omelet).
- Mix in the syrup and half the chia seeds (if using). Pour egg mixture into hot pan that is covered with coconut oil.
- Let omelet cook for about 3-5 minutes and until there is no runny mix left.
- Carefully flip the omelet over and cook the second side for about 30 seconds. Gently slide the omelet out of the pan onto a waiting plate, flipping one side of the omelet over onto the other. Top with your favorite yogurt, blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup. Sprinkle with the remaining chia seeds, if using. Enjoy immediately!
If you love this sweet omelet, try another favorite omelet recipe!
Something to think about….
Have you tried the difference in farm fresh eggs? Do you have a favorite omelet recipe? Ever tried a sweet omelet?