If you think oatmeal is boring, this Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oatmeal is guaranteed to make you see the breakfast favorite in a whole new light! This overnight oatmeal is so easy to make, and it lives up to it’s name! This recipe is not just for the kiddos- everyone will enjoy the ultimate sweet and salty combo.
You know when you first discover a new recipe and can’t stop making it? That is me with Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oatmeal- I may have eaten this every day for the past two weeks…seriously. Overnight oatmeal is such a tasty way to satisfy those morning tummy grumblings and keep you going right up until lunch.
If you want to truly whip up the most incredible overnight oats, there are a few very simple tips to follow:
- A 1:1 ratio of oats to liquid works best. My top choices are either unsweetened vanilla almond or cashew milk. Any milk product will work just fine, though. Add slightly more or less, depending on how thick you prefer your oatmeal. I always add an extra splash, in the morning, when I’m ready to eat my oats.
- Chia seeds and oatmeal go together like Peanut Butter & Jelly. Honestly, though, the addition of a small amount of chia seeds will make your bowl of oatmeal expand. They soak up a ton of liquid and will make any bowl of oats (hot or cold) increase in volume, perfect for keeping you from getting hungry an hour after breakfast.
- Additions are a must. To give your overnight oatmeal life and make your breakfast worth waking up for, add your favorite flavor enhancers. I recommend mixing in something creamy like Greek yogurt, mashed banana or applesauce. When you’re ready to chow down on your oatmeal, you can add fresh fruit, nuts and more.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so get the mixture for Peanut Butter & Jelly Oatmeal in the fridge, to delight in a scrumptious morning meal, reminiscent of your dearest childhood flavors. You’re going to be all over this deliciousness- grab a spoon and dig in!
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten free, if needed)
- ⅓ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt*
- ⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk**
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons peanut (or almond) butter
- 1 tablespoon double berry chia seed jam or other favorite jam
- 1-2 packets stevia or 1 teaspoon honey, optional for sweetener
- ¼ cup blueberries for topping
- In a jar or bowl with lid, combine oats, yogurt, almond milk and chia seeds, mixing well.
- Cover tightly with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning or at least 4 hours later, add a splash of milk, top with peanut butter (or other nut butter), jam and fresh blueberries (or any fruit of your choice) and enjoy! Add sweetener of choice.
**Any milk product works.
Enjoy a few of my other favorite overnight oatmeal recipes!
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried overnight oatmeal? What are your favorite add-ins?