Thanks to Minute® Ready to Serve Rice for sponsoring this post and helping me whip up the most flavorful sweet potato and black bean vegan burritos EVER!
Good morning, friends! Hope all is well with you and your week is off to a wonderful start! I have a very tasty recipe to share with you. It will be a frequent meal in my house from now on, that’s for sure. These Sweet Potato and Black Bean Vegan Burritos are the stuff dreams are made of, folks. I’m not going to lie this is probably the most delicious burrito filling I’ve ever made… or tasted, for that matter!
The sweetness from the sweet potato combined with savory flavors of the beans, rice and seasonings took these vegan burritos to the next level. To create your yummy burrito, simply spoon out the sweet potato and black bean vegan filling on a large sturdy vegan tortilla. Don’t forget your favorite toppings! Refer to my sweet potato breakfast burrito post for specific burrito rolling instructions.
I especially love how fast and easy these burritos are to throw together! I roasted my chopped sweet potato for about 15 minutes while all of the other ingredients cooked over the stove. After the onion, bell pepper and garlic are chopped and sautéing, whipping up this yummy meal is just a matter of stirring in the cooked Minute® Ready to Serve Rice, black beans and seasonings. What’s not to love? These burritos come together quick and they’re super flavorful, versatile, portable, filling and a great source of vegan protein.
Get ready for a flavor explosion with the burrito filling! It’s so tasty, I found myself eating it on its own. Use it to sprinkle on salads or as a dip for crackers, in addition to making burritos. This was my first time trying the Minute® Ready to Serve Multi-Grain Medley, a blend of six popular 100% whole grains including brown rice, quinoa, barley, oats, wheat and rye. It was fabulous! Of course, if brown rice is what you have on-hand, that’ll be terrific too.
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 2.5 cups), cubed & roasted
- 1 container cooked Minute® Ready to Serve Rice or about 1 cup brown rice
- 1-2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans (about 1.5-2 cups cooked), drained and rinsed
- 4 tortilla wraps (large or x-large)
- Toppings of choice: (avocado, salsa, spinach/lettuce, cilantro, etc)
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spread cubed sweet potato evenly over baking sheet, spray with an olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray and lightly season with salt. Roast for about 15-20 minutes and until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add oil, onion, bell pepper and minced garlic. Sauté for about 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Now add in salt and seasonings and stir well.
- Add black beans and cooked rice and sauté for another 5 minutes on medium.
- Add roasted sweet potato to the rice mixture and stir well. You can mash the squash with a fork if some pieces are too large.
- Add filling to tortilla along with desired toppings. Wrap and serve. Leftover filling can be reheated the next day for lunch in a wrap or as a salad topper.
Check out my other Minute® Ready to Serve Rice recipes, perfect for busy weeknights!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite burrito filling?
Have you tried Minute® Ready to Serve Rice? I absolutely loved the Multi-Grain Medley- a blend of six popular 100% whole grains including brown rice, quinoa, barley, oats, wheat and rye.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.