Spiced Roasted Figs Over Vanilla Ice Cream
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Breyers. All opinions are 100% mine.
Sweet dreams are made of this… Spiced Roasted Figs Over Vanilla Ice Cream and topped off with toasted hazelnuts. I cannot even handle how incredibly flavorful this quick and easy dessert is. Luscious, creamy vanilla ice cream joined with caramelized, spiced figs and toasted hazelnuts will have your tastebuds dancing in delight!
Fig season has finally arrived and I’m celebrating with the deliciousness of Breyers Natural Vanilla. Something else to celebrate is Breyers 150th birthday. Wow… 150 years! That’s pretty impressive and a long time to be creating high-quality wonderfully tasty ice cream.
Breyers is committed to high quality ingredients – all Breyers vanilla is real and from sustainably farmed, Rainforest Alliance Certified™ vanilla beans. Breyers only sources milk and cream from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones.*
To honor reaching the huge milestone of 150 years, Breyers has partnered with celebrity chef Curtis Stone and his wife, actress Lindsay Price Stone, to create 12 recipes featuring Breyers Natural Vanilla, inspired by every month of the year, to give families a way to celebrate birthdays and special occasions with Breyers all year long.
This dessert is a piece of cake, so to speak. You can whip it up in about 10 minutes. It tastes like summer, and yet it’s still quite rich. Eat it slowly and enjoy every bite!
This sweet treat of Spice Roasted Figs with Hazelnuts and Vanilla Ice Cream is absolutely lovely! You’ll see, when you give it a try. It’s:
And a beautiful finish for your late summer, early-fall dinner.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 ripe figs halved lengthwise
- 1 1/3 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup blanched hazelnuts toasted, coarsely chopped
- Position broiler rack 6 inches from heat source and preheat broiler. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and spices. One at a time, dip figs, cut side down, in sugar mixture to coat. Then coat figs a second time with sugar mixture and arrange cut side up on baking sheet. Broil figs, watching closely, for about 4 minutes, or until sugar melts and begins to caramelize and figs soften slightly and begin to ooze juice.
- Divide figs among 4 bowls. Spoon 1/3 cup of Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each bowl and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Love this recipe for Spiced Roasted Figs Over Vanilla Ice Cream? Find even more great ideas, using Breyers ice cream, on social media and then grab a carton at your local grocery store-they are available nationwide!
*Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies & sauces may not be able to make this pledge. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated cows.