Southwestern Guacamole Hot Dogs
Thanks so much to Hebrew National for sponsoring this post and providing us with incredibly tasty Southwestern Guacamole Hot Dogs, perfect for spring barbecues!
Grilled Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks topped with flavorful Southwestern Guacamole. This one’s a major crowd-pleaser!
It’s a mashup of America’s favorite barbecue food with America’s favorite Mexican appetizer. Barbecue season is in full swing and I’m always up for Mexican food. So, let’s add some major pizzazz to your next barbecue with these zesty southwestern-inspired dogs!
Time to elevate your grilling experience and Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks are no doubt the tastiest dogs around. The guacamole topping is just the icing on the cake! You know what I mean! 🙂
I feel great about serving my family Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks. They’re made with 100% Kosher Beef and include nothing artificial. You can expect premium taste and high-quality every time you grill them up!
Oh these dogs… and the absolute deliciousness. They could not be more perfect for spring barbecues – everyone loves them, they’re super easy, yet seem a little fancy too. These Southwestern Guacamole Hot Dogs will totally rock your world and excite your tastebuds! They’re:
Full of amazing flavor (I’m already craving another just writing up this post!)
Spring and Summer-friendly
And great for pleasing a large crowd!
If you try this recipe, do share! Leave a comment and be sure to tag a picture @kimscravings on Instagram. Happy barbecuing, friends!
- 8 Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks
- 8 hot dog buns
- 3 large ripe avocados seeded, peeled (1 mashed & 2 diced)
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- ½ cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- juice from ½ lime 2-3 teaspoons
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste (start with 1/2 teaspoon and add more as needed)
- To make the guacamole, choose the right avocados. They should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocados in half (vertically) and remove the pit by stabbing carefully with your knife. Use a paper towel or dish towel (so the pit is not slippery in your hands) to remove the pit from the knife.
- Scoop the avocados out of peel and place on a plate or in a medium bowl.
- Use a fork or potato masher to mash one avocado until a smooth consistency is achieved. Dice the other two avocados. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Take a taste or a few tastes and adjust seasoning as needed for yumminess!
- For the hot dogs, preheat grill to medium high heat. Add hot dogs to the grill and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Alternatively, hot dogs can be boiled over the stove according to package directions.
- To assemble the hot dogs, add hot dogs into each hot dog bun and top with about 1/4 to 1/2 Southwestern Guacamole. Enjoy immediately!
- Top each hot dog with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Southwestern Guacamole and enjoy!
To decrease calories and fat, use Hebrew National® All-Beef Reduced Fat Franks. They're delicious!
Something to think about….
Have you tried Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks? What’s your favorite way to top a hot dog?
What makes a Hebrew National kosher hot dog premium? It’s all about what makes the cut (And what doesn’t). We’re choosy about what goes into our franks – we use only premium cuts of 100% kosher beef from the front half of the cow and then choose the best from that. No artificial flavors, colors, fillers or by-products. When your hot dog is Kosher, that’s a hot dog you can trust! For more summer fun with Hebrew National, visit facebook.com/hebrewnational.