Smoky Chipotle Chicken Chili
Smoky Chipotle Chicken Chili is the perfect one-pot wonder that feeds a crowd and is so delicious paired with Modelo Especial® Beer for Cinco de Mayo celebrations!
This post has been sponsored by Modelo. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Drink responsibly. Modelo Especial® Beer. Imported by Crown Imports, Chicago, IL.
SMOKY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN CHILI FOR CINCO DE MAYO
I’m a huge chili fan and this version might just be the BEST! I normally don’t declare recipes the best for just any reason. In fact, if I’m saying something is the BEST, then it’s for a very good reason.
Little did I expect this smoky chicken chili would surprise me with its thick texture and addicting flavor. But my goodness, it is wonderful. And I do have to admit that I’ve made it more times than I could count this past season. It’s one of those recipes you can tuck in your recipe box or bookmark on your phone. Honestly, I’m just obsessed.
So, when it comes to celebrating Cinco de Mayo, you better believe this chili recipe will be on the menu! And we certainly won’t forget the Modelo Especial Beer either! I’ve added something super cool to my recipe card – simply click on the shop button to add all of the chili ingredients to your shopping cart!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHIPOTLE CHICKEN CHILI
Whether we’re just hanging out watching TV or looking to honor Mexican culture during Cinco de Mayo, Modelo Especial® Beer is a go-to of ours because it’s exactly what good beer should be. It is a rich, full-flavored, Pilsner-style Lager that delivers a crisp, refreshing taste. It’s seriously so easy to drink with a well-balanced taste and crisp, clean finish. You’ll also notice Modelo has an orange blossom honey aroma with a hint of herb, which I love.
Aside from the Modelo, you’ll want to serve this chili with tortilla chips or strips and top it with all of your favorites – from avocado and fresh cilantro to cheddar cheese and sour cream.
HOW TO MAKE SMOKY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN CHILI
Cinco de Mayo is such a fun holiday to celebrate! A holiday that was originally established to honor the Mexican victory over the Battle of Puebla is now an opportunity for all Americans to celebrate Mexican culture and Modelo can be the authentic Mexican beer to do just that. What better excuse to chow down on Mexican food all day? I seriously love me some Mexican food. Yes, Fajitas, tacos and enchiladas are all great, but this chili is SO easy and just SO flavorful too.
There’s no complicated steps or major hands-on time with this meal. You just start by sautéing the veggies and then browning the ground chicken. You can totally use ground turkey here, too. Next, you add in the other ingredients: chipotle chilies, tomatoes, chicken stock and black beans. Combine everything and let it simmer for about 20 minutes and that’s it. So simple! And you can spend more time celebrating!
MORE RECIPES FOR CINCO DE MAYO TO TRY
BE SURE TO CLICK ON THE BUTTON BELOW TO ADD ALL OF THE CHILI INGREDIENTS TO YOUR SHOPPING CART!
Smoky Chipotle Chicken Chili is a delicious one-pot meal that feeds a crowd and is so perfect for Cinco de Mayo celebrations!
- olive oil or non-stick cooking spray
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 pound ground chicken (or turkey)
- 2 chipotle chilies (from 7.5-ounce can of chipotle chilies in adobo sauce), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from can)
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock (use more for more liquid in the chili)
- 1 (16-ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded Cheese, Scallions, Diced Avocado, Sour Cream, Cilantro or Chives
- Modelo Especial® Beer
In a large heavy bottom pot, add the olive oil or spray bottom with a generous amount of cooking spray and set stovetop to medium-high heat.
Add the red and green bell pepper and yellow onion. Sauté for 10-12 minutes until the vegetables start to cook down. Add the garlic and chili powder and sauté for 1-2 more minutes.
- Next, add the ground chicken. Break it up into pieces with a wooden spoon and sauté until golden brown.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add chopped chipotle chili peppers, adobo sauce, crushed tomatoes and chicken stock. Stir to combine and reduce the heat to medium. Add the drained black beans and simmer for 20 minutes until the chili thickens.
- Once the chili has thickened, you can reduce the heat to low and keep it on the stove until you are ready to serve.
Top with any of the optional toppings and enjoy with Modelo Especial® Beer.