Roasted Golden Beet Hummus
Thanks so much to Wasa for sponsoring this lovely Golden Beet Hummus recipe! As always, all opinions are my own.
Roasted golden beets blended with chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and a few seasonings come together to create this super creamy, flavorful, nutrient-packed Golden Beet Hummus. Golden Beet Hummus + Wasa Crispbreads= snacking at its finest!
Packed with wholegrain goodness Wasa Crispbreads are the perfect little plates to hold your tasty golden beet hummus or any of your favorite toppers. Wasa has a variety of different crispbread choices, providing you with lots of easy, all natural, healthy options- all of which are produced with Non-GMO ingredients. Crispbreads with the Non-GMO Project Verification include the Light Rye, Multigrain, Hearty, Flax Seed, Whole Grain, Fiber and Sourdough Rye. I’m personally loving the Flax Seed and Sourdough Rye!
Wasa can help a person get the nutrients needed every day, not only from the crispbread itself, but also from the healthful foods you pair with it, such as fresh vegetables and fruit, lean meat, low-fat dairy spreads and other nutrient packed foods. I’ve been a huge fan of Wasa Crispbreads for years- they compliment countless foods. I frequently enjoy them with soups, salads and a variety of toppings. In fact, they were the perfect pair to my Starbucks Copycat Hearty Veggie & Brown Rice Salad Bowl!
They also make a great snack or light lunch. I made pizza crispbreads; adding a topping of pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. I also made a personal favorite crispbread option; adding cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers… yum!
If you’re using 2015 as your year to eat cleaner and live a healthier lifestyle, you’ll want to have a few go-to snack options. To keep me from grabbing not-so-great snack choices, I make a batch of hummus to snack on throughout the week. This golden beet hummus is so uniquely flavorful- it works well as a dip with veggies or Wasa Crisbreads and it’s also great as a sandwich spread or salad topping. Have you ever tried using hummus in your salad instead of a dressing or vinaigrette?- Amazing!
Roasted Golden Beet Hummus
- 4 small golden beets*, about a 1/2 lb
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 heaping tablespoons tahini (ground sesame, can be found near the almond butter at your grocery store)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt + more to taste, as desired
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- optional: 1 tablespoon olive oil and a dash of paprika to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F., remove the stem and most of the root from your beets, and scrub and wash them underwater until clean.
- Wrap beets in foil and place them on a baking sheet to roast for about 40 minutes (may take longer for larger beets). When fully roasted, beets should be tender and knife can be inserted very easily.
- Once beets are cool, place them along with all other ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. If needed, add a bit of water to thin.
- Transfer hummus to a serving bowl and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika, if desired.
- Enjoy with Wasa Crispbreads! Will keep in the fridge for about a week.
Now have yourself a chuckle and watch the video below, showing an American woman in Sweden and the Swedes getting their fitness on!
Something to think about….
Have you tried any of the varieties of Wasa Crispbreads? Which ones are your favorite?
Have you ever made your own hummus? How about beet hummus?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Wasa.