Kung Pao Chicken
This Kung Pao Chicken recipe has the perfect balance of sweet, savory and spicy, all stir-fried together in about 30 minutes. Adjust the spiciness level to your liking and serve alone, over white rice with chow mein or fried rice.
More chicken recipes
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Kung Pao Chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 whole red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound chicken tenders or boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup salted and roasted peanuts
Kung Pao Chicken Sauce
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onion and red pepper for about 5 mins and until softened.
- While veggies are cooking, cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using). Add in the hot pan to cook thoroughly to brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk all sauce ingredients together. Pour into hot pan and simmer to thicken sauce. Before serving, toss together with scallions and peanuts. Serve over white rice.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!