Happy Friday, friends! This is one Friday, I’m actually not all that excited about. My Spring Break is coming to an end and it sure did go by in a flash. Now the countdown for Summer Vacation begins! 😉 These Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Waffles would definitely make a great breakfast to celebrate a lovely week off from work.
These Whole Wheat Banana Waffles could not be more special, even if I would have dusted them with gold. They are lightly sweetened by the banana and chocolate chips…. no refined sugar needed. The whole wheat pastry flour works perfectly to create light, fluffy, melt in your mouth deliciousness. The use of a small amount of Mazola Corn Oil makes these waffles delightfully moist while adding heart healthy fats. Mazola has lots of great heart healthy recipes on their website! Click here to check them out.–> http://www.mazola.com/recipes.aspx
Did you know that Mazola Corn Oil is cholesterol free and 100% pure? I was surprised to learn that Mazola Corn Oil has more cholesterol-blocking plant sterols than other oils and 4 times more than olive oil. Plant sterols are naturally occurring nutrients that block LDL (bad) cholesterol. A healthy diet and regular physical activity play important roles in helping reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. That’s why delicious heart healthy meals start with Mazola.
- 1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour, alternatively all-purpose or whole wheat flour will work
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1.75 cups milk, I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup Mazola Corn Oil (any oil will work)
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼-1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, I use Enjoy Life brand
- chopped walnuts and maple syrup for topping (optional)
- Whisk dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients (milk, eggs, oil, banana and vanilla) to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat waffle iron on medium setting, if applicable.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour batter onto waffle iron.
- Serve waffle with fresh fruit, butter, nut butter, coconut cream, chopped walnuts and/or syrup.
- If needed, keep waffles warm in an oven set at 200 degrees F.
A new study shows Mazola Corn Oil lowers cholesterol more than extra virgin olive oil. Try it today for sautéing, stir frying and baking. Go to Mazola.com to learn more.
Something to think about…..
Have you ever tried cooking or baking with Mazola products?
Are you more of a waffle fan or pancake fan?
What’s your favorite type of waffle?
Have a super fun Friday!
Compensation was provided by Mazola via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Mazola.