Frozen Yogurt Trail Mix Bark
Healthy Frozen Yogurt Trail Mix Bark is the perfect easy summer dessert! This tasty treat is ridiculously simple to throw together, even the kids can whip it up.
By adding just a few favorite ingredients to yogurt, you can make a refreshing treat. For this Frozen Yogurt Trail Mix Bark, I used Greek yogurt, because it’s naturally thick, creamy and packed with protein. To give my bark a crunchy texture, Blue Diamond toasted coconut almonds were the perfect choice. The sweet coconut flavor will have you dreaming you’re on a tropical vacation! The toasted coconut almonds are probably my favorite, but Blue Diamond offers a wide variety of almond flavors. I can see using the blueberry, dark chocolate or cafe mocha for this yogurt bark.
Frozen Yogurt Trail Mix Bark is great for the pickiest of eaters because you can completely adjust the ingredients based on your family’s preference. Feel free to customize the toppings for the bark before you pop it into the freezer with whatever fresh fruit, nuts or other fun add-ins you have on hand. Let the kiddos help you break up the bark, and because it’s super healthy, they can break and eat as much as they want!
- 1 17.6 ounce container 2% plain Greek yogurt (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granola I used a crunchy variety
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond Almonds coarsely chopped (I used toasted coconut)
- 1/4 cup small blueberries*
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips optional
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Mix yogurt, honey or maple syrup and vanilla in the yogurt container until smooth. Pour into the center of prepared sheet and spread to 1/4" thick. Don't worry about spreading this perfectly to all edges of the sheet. Top with granola, almonds, berries and chocolate chips. Very gently press toppings into yogurt. Freeze until completely firm, about 4 hours. Break into pieces to serve.
- Yogurt bark can be made 2 months ahead of time. Freeze in a resealable container.
Try using flavored Greek yogurt and skip the sugar/honey.
You can enjoy this treat without freezing it by making it into a fruit and nut yogurt parfait.
*Use any of your favorite fruit. If using larger blueberries or other fruit, cut into small pieces for best results.
Adapted from Epicurious.
Love Frozen Yogurt Trail Mix Bark, but looking for other treats?
Try these other yummy summer desserts!
What’s your favorite summertime dessert? Have you tried the Blue Diamond toasted coconut almonds? So good!
*Survey has closed*
Take this super quick survey to be entered to win one $50 VISA gift card! Simply take the survey and come back and comment on this blog post letting me know that you took it. Giveaway ends July 3rd at 12:00 AM CST.
This post was sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.