Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
This post was sponsored by No Yolks as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Loaded with good-for-you ingredients and full of flavor and comfort- this Easy Chicken Noodle Soup is perfect for chilly weather but not too heavy for warmer days.
Bitter cold temperatures have arrived and I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to cozy up with a comforting bowl of satisfying chicken noodle soup! Trust me you guys are going to really enjoy this soup- Brad loved it so much, he ate it for lunch and dinner in the same day!
I really appreciate a delicious, easy chicken noodle soup recipe with classic ingredients. We have the usual suspects here – celery, carrot and onion. For the chicken, I kept things super simple and used a rotisserie chicken. If you ask me, the noodles are the most essential component for a hearty, warming chicken noodle soup. I went with my favorite healthy egg noodle alternative, No Yolks noodles, made from egg whites and no cholesterol. They are low in fat and sodium and so fluffy, with the most wonderful texture.
I especially love how No Yolks noodles work so well in a variety of dishes, from soup to casserole to salad… and even chili. Did you see my recipe for Bison Taco Chili Over Noodles? So good and such a fabulous use of these noodles!
I made this soup, earlier in the week on Facebook live. Did you guys happen to check it out? Hop over to my Facebook page and take a looksie! Please be kind, though, I’ve only completed a few live videos. Maybe there will be more to come in the future… we’ll see. 😊
I like my soups to be nice and chunky, with a bold, flavorful broth. I really packed in the chicken and veggies, so feel free to use another cup or two of chicken broth or even water, to get your desired consistency. Chicken noodle soup is one of the easiest soups to whip up in a flash (especially when you use shredded rotisserie chicken), the ingredients are inexpensive and it feeds a crowd.
Don’t forget to add the lemon juice at the very end. It adds a big fat punch of freshness, and well, I promise you won’t be able to stop at just one bowl!
I hope you guys LOVE this Easy Chicken Noodle Soup! It’s:
& Perfect for colder weather
This would make a delicious and comforting meal when you’re craving something light yet satisfying. If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #kimscravings on Instagram so we can see. Enjoy!
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 stalks celery, diced (about ¾ cup)
- 5 medium carrots, sliced (about 1⅓ cups)
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups 32 oz. carton low-sodium organic chicken broth*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 12 oz. package No Yolks noodles (about 1½ cups)
- 3 cups shredded or chopped rotisserie chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery and carrot; cook, stirring frequently, for about 10-15 minutes or until carrot is tender. Add garlic and cook one minute more.
- Add broth and seasonings, stir to combine and bring to a boil. Add pasta and chicken, reduce heat to low; gently boil for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and fresh parsley before serving.
**Ingredients are a guide, use as little or as much as you prefer of each ingredient.
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite classic soup to enjoy during the winter?
Find No Yolks at your local grocery store in a variety of cuts for all types of recipes including Broad, Extra Broad, Fine, Kluski, Dumplings, and now Stir-Fry.
Be sure to enter the awesome giveaway, below, to win a $100 gift card! Giveaway open until November 15, 2017. I-C will randomly select 5 winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes.
No Yolks® Sweepstakes
Love this Easy Chicken Noodle Soup? Enjoy my other favorite light, healthy, cozy soups!