Easy Blueberry Banana Oatmeal
Treat yourself with a warm bowl of this delicious Easy Blueberry Banana Oatmeal! Healthy, super filling and ready in under 10 minutes, it’s the perfect breakfast recipe to fuel your morning.
I’ve been looking to incorporate more wholesome breakfast dishes into my diet lately, and thought it might be time to bring oatmeal back into my life. Back in the day, 3 or 4 years ago, I used to eat oatmeal every single morning for breakfast. Full of heart-healthy oats, and vitamin-rich fruit and berries, there’s no denying that oatmeal is an awesome way to start the day.
Another new addition to my daily routine is Renew Life® Digest Smart Enzymes. For many years, I didn’t realize how important our digestive systems truly are. Did you know that your gut is considered the core of your body’s overall health and well being? Your gut can affect your entire body including immune health, energy, happiness, stress and more.
With this, it’s become so important to me to really take care of my digestive health. Several months ago, I discussed adding a probiotic to my supplement routine and just recently I’ve also started taking Renew Life® Digest Smart Enzymes. Renew Life® Digest Smart Enzymes contain 25 plant-based, raw enzymes to help break down protein, carbohydrates, fats, and fiber.*
I’ve noticed them to be especially helpful if I’ve overindulged on a large meal that may include processed foods. With all of the upcoming summer barbecues and other gatherings full of savory, sweet, and downright irresistible foods; I’m happy to have a way in advance to avoid any gas, bloat or indigestion. I simply take Renew Life® Digest Smart Enzymes before heading out to enjoy all of the yummy food and I know that I’ll be good to go!
This digestive powerhouse and my satisfying, healthy oatmeal breakfast are doing a great job of helping me stay happy and feeling my best! I love that when I enjoy a meal like this Easy Blueberry Banana Oatmeal or any other, I can count on Renew Life® Digest Smart Enzymes for maximum digestion and the promotion of nutrient availability. What are you waiting for…. jump on board with my two favorites!
Easy Blueberry Banana Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk or cashew milk)**
- 1 small banana
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or other sugar or sweetener (I use 1 packet of stevia)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries***
- Optional toppings: mini chocolate chips, additional berries, chopped nuts, almond or peanut butter, shredded coconut
- Add oats, water, milk, and 1/2 the banana thinly sliced into a saucepan then turn heat to medium.
- Cook until oats begin to bubble then stir until oats are cooked and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Pour into a bowl and top with remaining 1/2 sliced banana, blueberries, and any other favorite toppings.
WAYS TO ENJOY THIS EASY BLUEBERRY BANANA OATMEAL:
- FOR KIDDOS: This is a great simple oatmeal recipe that pleases the kids too. Let them add the toppings. Consider serving topping options (chocolate chips, berries, sprinkles, banana slices, almond butter, brown sugar, nuts) separate and let them have some fun by choosing their favorites.
- FOR MEAL PREP: If you’re looking to eat healthier and have stress-free mornings, consider pre-making several servings of oatmeal. After cooking and cooling, simply divide servings out into containers with lids and refrigerate up to one week. Wait to add toppings until you’re ready to eat.
- ON THE GO: Once oatmeal is done cooking, transfer to a mason jar or other container with lid. I love using an almost empty peanut or almond butter jar. Take it to go for a great pre-workout snack to boost your energy.
OTHER OATMEAL FAVORITES:
- Caramelized Banana Oatmeal from Pinch of Yum
- Pistachio Coconut Oatmeal from How Sweet Eats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal from Bakerita
- Blueberry Cheesecake Baked Oatmeal from your’s truly