Bacon Tomato Zucchini Noodles
Zucchini Noodles are fabulous!I cannot get enough.
Zucchini noodles (sometimes known as Zucchini Pasta or Zucchini Spaghetti) weigh in at around ⅛ the carbs and ⅛ the calories of regular noodles, spaghetti or pasta. Yes, please!
They’re a blank canvas and easily take on any flavor you add to them. This opens up a whole new range of taste options. Zucchini noodles are an incredibly versatile lunch, dinner or even side dish option.
Because they can be eaten raw or cooked, the possibilities are endless. You can easily create a variety of different meal styles and they’re so quick to make. Just grab a spiralizer and off you go!
As I’ve mentioned recently, I’m heading to Punta Cana in just a few short weeks, and ready or not, I’ll be sporting a bikini on the beautiful Caribbean beaches. A couple of my goals are to keep workouts consistent and nutrition dialed in, but I’m also a foodie, so I have to be able to enjoy tasty summer meals in the process.
Tossed with sweet juicy cherry tomatoes, fresh parsley and savory bacon, these easy bacon tomato zucchini noodles make for a nice twist on a summer “pasta” dish. Refreshing, light and so simple- now you can have your delicious meal and still fit into your skinny jeans!
By adding a few simple, yet mouthwatering ingredients you can have yourself a plate of summer bliss! Glorious bacon definitely gave this zucchini noodle recipe a kick of flavor! Smokey, crisp and full of flavor- I personally feel that anything with added bacon is tastier.
When you try out this bacon tomato zucchini noodle dish, snap a photo and tag me @kimscravings on Instagram. I would love to see your version. And I know you will absolutely adore this meal. It’s
On the healthy side
And ridiculously delicious!
Easy Bacon Tomato Zucchini Noodles
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 4 medium zucchini, spiraled or ribboned
- 1 large lemon, juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, optional
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your preference. Remove bacon and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Leave 2 tablespoons bacon fat in the skillet and add in the garlic. Cook the garlic for 30 seconds and then add in the red pepper flakes, red onion and zucchini noodles. Season with salt and pepper and let noodles cook for about 2 minutes, flipping and stirring frequently.
- As zucchini noodles cook, add in the lemon juice and zest. Toss in cherry tomatoes, parmesan cheese and crumble in bacon; continue to cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Divide onto four plates and garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy!