Delicata Squash Stuffing
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of De’Longhi. The opinions and text are all mine.
Switch up your holiday menu with this delicious Delicata Squash Stuffing! Loaded with so much goodness, this stuffing is flavor-packed and perfect for your holiday celebrations!
Whether you’re stuck in a dinner rut or just looking to try something new for Thanksgiving, you’ll LOVE this yummy twist on the classic stuffing recipe.
I seriously have a love affair with all things delicata squash this time of year. I pretty much roast one every day, sliced up with just a little bit of salt and cinnamon. And have you tried my stuffed delicata squash recipe? So good! Delicata squash is versatile, easy to prepare, and has the most delicious flavor. If you’re a fan of it as much as I am, this holiday side dish is for you!
Not only does this stuffing taste fabulous, it’s so quick and easy. I made it in my De’Longhi Livenza Compact Convection Oven. This thing is a cooking miracle and my new favorite small kitchen appliance. The kids are enjoying it too. They can prepare their own lunches by just popping chicken tenders or a pita pizza in and it cooks up with the best crispiness every time.
It couldn’t have been more perfect for creating this delicious fall side-dish and it’s going to be so convenient when it comes to all of the Thanksgiving cooking I’ll be doing. I love that I can easily roast, broil and bake without the excess heat of my full-size oven.
And this compact convection oven is high tech! It has an innovative heating system that maintains consistent heat with insulated construction and a double glass door. It’s also has a super sleek look sitting on my countertop but it’s compact enough that it doesn’t take up a huge amount of space. It includes nine preset functions that really takes the guesswork out of cooking. I’m especially a fan of the cookies function, the pizza function and the keep warm function (perfect for pancake mornings!).
THREE FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT THE DE’LONGHI LIVENZA COMPACT CONVECTION OVEN:
- It’s sleek and compact, yes, but it’s also spacious enough to cook so many different types of meals. You can actually fit a whole chicken or pizza inside!
- It’s quick! The powerful convection works with the circulation of hot air, which cooks your food up to 40% faster and evenly, without adding heat to the kitchen.
- Cleanup is a breeze thanks to the nonstick, scratch-resistant interior. I’ve never known such high-quality performance in compact convection cooking!
If the De’Longhi Livenza Compact Convection Oven sounds like your dream kitchen appliance too, you’ll be happy to know that from 10/21-11/03, they will be 20% off at Best Buy.
I’d love to know if you make this (or any) recipe! Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Delicata Squash Stuffing
- 1 pound ground Italian turkey or chicken sausage (or your favorite kind of sausage)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium delicata squash, seeds discarded and diced
- 4 cups roughly-diced stale crusty bread*
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage**
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock or broth
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, parsley or sage (optional for garnish)
- Heat cooking spray in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove sausages from casing and place in skillet with chopped onion, breaking the sausage apart as it cooks. Cook until sausage is no longer pink. Once the sausage is cooked, transfer it with a slotted spoon to a separate plate, and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the same skillet (or if there is leftover grease from the sausage, I highly recommend using that instead for extra flavor!), and add in the squash. Season with salt and pepper, then sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add the sausage and squash to a large mixing bowl, along with the bread, pecans, cranberries and sage.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the chicken stock and egg until smooth. Pour the egg mixture over the stuffing mixture, and toss until evenly combined.
- Spread the stuffing out evenly in a 9 x 5-inch or 2-quart baking dish, and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake (covered) for 40 minutes***. Then remove the foil and bake (uncovered) for 10-15 more minutes, until the top is lightly toasted and golden. (Keep a close eye on the stuffing, though, so that it doesn’t accidentally burn.)
- Serve warm, garnished with extra fresh herbs and black pepper if desired.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
What a great idea to add some squash to stuffing! This is just such a delicious, seasonal dish!
This stuffing will be on my Thanksgiving menu this year. We love squash and it looks delicious. I usually just roast Squash with brown sugar , but this will be a great change of pace. Can’t wait to try it, thanks for the recipe.
Awesome! Hope you love it as much as I did!
What a fun stuffing! I am a huge fan of stuffing! Being vegetarian we don’t have a turkey to stuff so we are always looking for the perfect stuffing!
I always tend to go for butternut squash but this squash sounds wonderful in this dish.
This is a fabulous idea, I think my family might really enjoy the squash stuffing. Pinning for later –hopefully, I can make this ASAP!!! Awesome recipe.
I usually cook and bake with butternut squash. I’ll have to try delicata. I love the idea of putting squash in a stuffing. Great recipe!
I love that compact oven! I’ve been thinking of getting one but can’t decide. Will check this one out!
You should definitely check this one out! I’m seriously loving it!
I used to have one of those little ovens too and it was so much easier to cook with than heating up the big main one. Yum, the stuffing looks great. I have been looking for ideas for Christmas stuffing as we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving here in Australia. I will put this on my menu list. Thanks Kim for the great recipe!
I’m loving the compact oven and you’re so right it is much easier to cook with! Hope you get a chance to give the stuffing a try!
This is such a unique take on stuffing! Love the addition of delicata squash.
Thanks so much!!
I love how nutrient packed this stuffing is. Perfect for Christmas!
It definitely is! Hope you get a chance to give it a try!
this sounds really tasty and we are all big squash lovers here this is perfect for Thanksgiving Day!
Hope you get a chance to give it a try!