Avocado Chickpea Salad
Hello, fellow foodie friends!
I’m just popping in on this lovely Saturday morning to share the perfect salad recipe for food prep Sunday. A couple of weekends ago, I threw some of my favorite ingredients together for a lite lunch and this is what I came up with. I ate mine wrap-style for lunch and then later as a snack with some raw veggies and crackers. This salad is super easy and quick to put together. I actually timed myself and a tasty healthy lunch was ready to go in 10 minutes!
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed (organic and BPA free is best)
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers drained and finely chopped
- 1 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small avocado pitted and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chickpeas in food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds, until mashed.
- Transfer mashed chickpeas to a medium bowl and stir in all other ingredients. Carefully stir in avocado last.
- Spoon the chickpea salad onto sandwich bread, buns, wraps or use it as a dip for veggies and crackers. Enjoy!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite quick, easy and healthy lunch? Do share the link, if you have one, please!
What’s your workout plan for this weekend? I’m about to eat breakfast and then head off for my Saturday long run and Body Pump.
Are you planning any food prep this weekend?
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!