This post and Homemade Peppermint Cappuccino was created in partnership with Ninja Coffee Bar® System. I received complimentary products and compensation to facilitate my review, but all opinions are my own.
Simple Homemade Peppermint Cappuccino from scratch! Creamy, minty and customizable to taste. The perfect cozy drink for chilly winter days.
Please tell me I’m not the only one to have developed the habit, of starting my day with a peppermint-flavored coffee drink. Even if it’s totally ridiculous and out of my way to find one, it must be done. This is a problem.
But good news, friends!
On the days that we peppermint-lovers DON’T drive to work and we want to stay home in our PJs instead of venturing out for the must-have coffee shop drink, there is now a cozy 5-minute homemade alternative that can be prepped to our very own liking.
Christmas Miracle? I think so.
A deliciously decadent peppermint cappuccino made at home with my Ninja Coffee Bar® System and about five simple ingredients in ten minutes or less. Featuring:
- Dairy-free milk, like almond milk, coconut creamer… whatever you desire
- A dash of unsweetened cocoa
- Peppermint extract
- Coffee… use your fave (peppermint flavored coffee is a VERY good choice)
- Whipped cream + candy cane toppings because we’re fancy like that!
Friends, the Ninja Coffee Bar® System is really going to elevate the status of this cappuccino. How else are you going to get your peppermint fix at home? Bring out your inner Barista for a BETTER than coffee shop experience!
The Ninja Coffee Bar® System includes a built-in hot and cold frother, six brew sizes and five brew types – including the Ninja-exclusive Cafe Forte brew, which amplifies the natural subtle flavors of your favorite coffee.
What the what?!?!? Guys, this is not your average single-serve coffee situation.
We use our Ninja Coffee Bar® System daily for both speciality and classic brews, and these days we are cranking out A LOT of peppermint goodness.
Christmas is right around the corner. And you’ve been SO good this year. Also, the Ninja Coffee Bar® System is $179.80 with free shipping and a free 2-year warranty. 🎄🙌
I mean, JUST A THOUGHT.
This peppermint cappuccino should probably come with a warning: LOOKOUT. ADDICTIVE. NO TURNING BACK. But you knew that already, right? Ain’t nobody got time for warnings when there’s a peppermint cappuccino to be had.
While your Homemade Peppermint Cappuccino is warm and the milk is frothy, let’s just sip, savoring the magical season upon us!
Cozy up, grab a blanket and fill your mug! You’re going to love this Homemade Peppermint Cappuccino. It’s:
Sweet, but not too sweet
The result is perfectly sweet pepperminty deliciousness that rivals most coffeehouse offerings.
If you try this Homemade Peppermint Cappuccino, let me know what you think. Leave a comment, shoutout on social media or my favorite – tag a picture #kimscravings on Instagram so I can see.
- 2 Ninja® Big Scoops (or 4 tablespoons) ground coffee
- ½ cup milk (your choice, any type will work)
- ¼ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- sweetener of choice (I use a couple packets of Stevia)
- crushed candy, chocolate shavings, whipped cream, optional, for garnish
- Following the measurement above, place the ground coffee into the brew basket.
- Place milk, cocoa powder and peppermint extract into large mug and microwave for 45 seconds. Froth for 30 seconds.
- Set mug containing frothed milk in place to brew.
- Press the Specialty Brew button.
- When brew is complete, sweeten as desired. Garnish as desired and enjoy!
Checkout some of my other favorite coffee drinks!
For tips on how to be a #NinjaBarista, recipe inspiration, or to purchase the Ninja Coffee Bar® System, visit ninjacoffeebar.com. But first enter to win one!
Contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstake, per household as a part of a campaign sponsored by Influence Central and must reside in the United States. Ninja Coffee Bar® System giveaway is the same product as the review product. Giveaway only open to U.S. residents and ends Sunday, December 18, 2016.