Homemade Protein Coffee Frappuccino
This Homemade Protein Coffee Frappuccino could not be easier… or tastier!
Confession time. I have a bit of an obsession with coffee shop Coffee Light Frappuccino drinks, blended with soy. Yes, I’m well aware that even the light versions are loaded with empty calories. I usually put my willpower to the test and go with a blonde coffee instead. Borrrrring.
It’s time for a healthier homemade version, I can whip up any time I’m hankering for the frothy deliciousness. I’m craving a lightly sweetened, irresistibly creamy, easy frappe that’s healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast.
To get this protein coffee frappuccino just right, I experimented with a variety of better-for-you ingredients that would not only result in a wonderful flavor and texture, but also give me a boost of nutrients before my morning workout. I included Born Sweet® Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener to add a taste of sweet excitement™!
Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener was the perfect addition to my protein coffee frappuccino, giving it a lovely sweetness without a funny aftertaste, and zero calories! There’s no feeling deprived or like I’m missing out on something I love.
Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener is made with only real ingredients – nothing artificial, so it’s also perfect for adding the right amount of sweetness to my morning cup of joe. I even keep packets stashed in my purse and car to use when I’m out and about and stop by the local coffee shop.
Sprinkle it into your coffee, teas, smoothies, over fruit, oatmeal and other favorite foods and beverages. I made blueberry baked oatmeal last week and that recipe will be coming to you guys later this week. Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener added the right amount of sweetness with zero calories- made my tastebuds VERY happy!
- 1 cup about a handful fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder or other favorite flavor
- 1/2 to 1 whole ripe frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk any milk will work
- 1 cup cold brew coffee*
- 1 packet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener more or less to desired sweetness
- Optional: 1 cup ice 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum if you like a super thick frappe, 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa for a bolder chocolate flavor
- Add all ingredients to the pitcher of a high-speed blender and blend on high until fully combined. If mixture is too liquidy, add more ice.
*I use store-bought cold brew coffee. Alternatively, make a cup of strong coffee the night before and refrigerate overnight. Use more or less, depending on the amount of coffee flavor you desire.
Try Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener in a few other favorites!
Something to think about….
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.