Scrumptious Paleo Carrot Cake Cupcakes that are super moist, super flavorful and actually healthy! This recipe is going to blow you away!
I absolutely LOOOOOVE a good carrot cake and prefer one that is moist, full of flavor and will melt in your mouth, without being mushy. (yes, I said moist!) There is so much cozy flavor in these cupcakes, no one will ever guess they’re packed with good-for-you ingredients. Cupcakes for breakfast? Count me in!
The recipe includes some of nature’s best sweeteners: Banana, carrot and maple syrup. Not only do these ingredients make these cupcakes perfectly sweet, but they also give these treats the most wonderful softness.
For the flour situation, I used a new favorite, Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour. I’m obsessed! It gives my baked goods the most perfect taste and texture. This post is not sponsored – I just love the stuff so much and I want to spread the word of such greatness.
Beware – you’re going to fall in love with these cupcakes and I promise, there’s no eating just one. Between my son, my husband and I, this whole batch was gone in one day… oops! I literally couldn’t stop eating these (always a good sign). They’re:
Tender and light
And simply delish!
Keep these muffins on hand for a quick, on-the-go breakfast, snack or after dinner treat. You can guarantee, I’ll be making these again and again. Oh and the cream cheese frosting, NOT optional. I used Kite Hill brand dairy-free cream cheese and it was beyond delicious.
If you make these cupcakes be sure to take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram! I love to see your goodies! Happy baking!
- 1½ cup Bob's Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour (6.38 ounces and 192 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg*
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ½ heaping cup mashed banana (about 2 medium extra ripe bananas)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 4 large carrots)
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans + ¼ cup more for topping (optional)
- For the optional frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese (use Kite Hill Almond Milk Yogurt for dairy-free)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and lightly oil a muffin tray, or line it with 12 paper/silicone liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, mashed banana, and carrots.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients slowly by adding the flour mixture in 2 or 3 increments, stirring gently each time until just incorporated. Finally, stir in raisins and pecans, if using. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool about 10 mins and then remove them from muffin tray to continue to cool on a wire rack.
- For the optional frosting:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and honey on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Continue beating for 3-4 minutes until light and creamy.
- If desired, frost each completely cooled cupcake. Top with a sprinkling of pecans. Enjoy!
**For nondairy, I used Kite Hill brand.
***Nutritional info calculated without frosting.
Looking for other Paleo goodies, you have got to try these Paleo Lemon Blueberry Muffins!
Something to think about….
Have you tried Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour yet? It’s my new favorite ingredient!