This Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie Bowl is creamy, smooth, chocolatey, peanut buttery (is that a word), plant-based and ready to go in just a few short minutes. All of my favorite flavors in one bowl!
There’s no denying a chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie is great, but I also love to turn the deliciousness into a smoothie bowl. Smoothie bowls are perfect for those mornings when your appetite calls for something a little more filling.
Plus, there’s more room for fun, tasty toppings.
I may never go back to eating my smoothies from a glass ever again!
It all depends on the flavor and texture I’m craving, but my favorite toppings are typically – muesli, granola, and more recently, Foodie Fuel, with a heap of fresh fruit. A little more interesting and satisfying (especially for hungry husbands).
Foodie Fuel is a new find that my whole family cannot stop snacking on. Foodie Fuel snacks are a unique power-packed snack that are awesome straight out of the bag or as a smoothie bowl or yogurt topping. I especially love that these tasty pieces are crafted from clean, nutrient-rich ingredients for a yummy, guilt-free, low-calorie snack.
I love all of the flavors, but for this smoothie bowl I used the swiss chocolate as a topper. It has a delectable chocolate flavor that will fill your bowl with a satisfying sense of sweet goodness. The ingredients couldn’t be any better even if these were made in your own kitchen – organic sunflower seeds, organic coconut sugar, organic cocoa powder, organic golden flax seeds, organic pumpkin seeds, organic cocoa flavor, chia seeds, sea salt.
Now, you want this luscious chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie bowl to be able to hold all of your yummy Foodie Fuel pieces and other toppings. It is essential that your smoothie bowl passes the spoon test… if your spoon sinks to the bottom, so will your toppings. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
This chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie bowl has quickly become my favorite morning meal. Smoothie bowls are also a great idea when breakfast entertaining. Simply set out lots of fun toppings and guests can create their own smoothie bowls. Super easy and a meal they won’t soon forget!
I’d love to know if you make this (or any!) recipe! Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and Twitter, and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
- ⅔ to ¾ cup plant-based milk (soy, almond, etc)
- 1 to 1½ large very ripe (peeled and sliced) frozen banana
- 1 scoop (or serving) plant-based chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut flour or peanut butter*
- 1 cup ice
- Optional topping ideas: shredded coconut, sliced banana, blueberries, granola, cereal, peanut butter and/or Foodie Fuel.
- Add all ingredients except ice to the pitcher of a blender in the order listed. I start with about ⅔ cup milk, blend and add more liquid as needed. I also use a combination of plant-based milk and water. Blend, scrape sides of blender, add a little more liquid and blend again.
- Add about 1 cup ice before adding more liquid. Blend again and then add additional liquid, as needed, about 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time. Be careful not to go overboard! Blend extra liquid in and until smooth and of desired consistency.
- Transfer blended mixture to a large bowl and add all of your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
*If your protein powder is not very chocolatey or you only have vanilla on-hand, consider adding about 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder.
*Nutritional information can vary quite a bit, depending on the brand of ingredients used. To calculate nutritional facts included here, I used a banana that was 109 grams, ⅔ cup Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk, Nuzest Rich Chocolate Protein Powder (paleo-friendly) and 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter & Co. vanilla powdered peanut butter. Toppings not included.
CHECK OUT OTHER FAVORITE SMOOTHIE BOWLS
Pin the Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie Bowl!
Something to think about….
Have you ever made a smoothie bowl? What’s your favorite flavor and toppings?
Have you ever tasted Foodie Fuel? Use this store locator to find Foodie Fuel in your area or simply purchase a bag or two straight from the website.
This post is sponsored by Mambro Sprouts on behalf of Foodie Fuel. As always, all opinions are my own.