Double Chocolate Milkshake
A frosty Double Chocolate Milkshake that’s rich, creamy and perfect for sipping on this summer! This chilled treat comes together quick and easy, using just 2 ingredients and your choice of toppings!
Well, hello gorgeous! It’s already heating up here in Texas and I’m dreaming of this thick, chocolatey, super cold Chocolate Milkshake. Not only is this milkshake incredibly delicious, but it only requires 2 simple ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes to make.
You’re going to want to enjoy this milkshake dessert all summer long! And then, when school starts back, have these babies ready for your tortured kids when they get home and I guarantee you’ll be the coolest mom on the block.
If you make milkshakes as much as we do, you definitely need a special milkshake glass for serving and don’t forget the straw! We like our milkshakes super thick and spoonable and these long spoons are great.
All you need to make the chocolate milkshake of your dreams is your favorite brand of chocolate ice cream, chocolate milk and fun toppings; such as whipped cream, colorful sprinkles, and maraschino cherries!
- Ice cream. For this chocolate milkshake, we’re obviously using chocolate ice cream. Full-fat ice cream will yield the creamiest, richest, most delicious milkshake. Lower fat ice cream varieties just aren’t the same! Choose a high quality ice cream you enjoy. Personally, I love Blue Bell and Braum’s.
- Milk. We’re using chocolate milk for this shake, but you could actually use regular milk and add chocolate syrup, if you’re in a pinch. The higher the fat percentage of your milk, the creamier your milkshake will blend up. If you’re going all out, you might as well use whole milk!
- Toppings. The options are pretty much endless! Use any favorites or you could enjoy your shake without the toppings. We love whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and sprinkles with a cherry on top.
how to make the best chocolate milkshake
Milkshakes are one of the easiest desserts to make; it’s as simple as adding everything to a blender and letting it rip!
- Add the chocolate ice cream and chocolate milk to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkles, and a maraschino cherry. Serve with a straw and enjoy!
Here are a few quick tips for making this double chocolate milkshake perfect every single time:
- Place your milkshake glass(es) in the fridge or freezer for at least 10 minutes before making the shake to have an extra-cold, delicious milkshake.
- If you like your milkshake really thick, start with less milk, and for a thinner milkshake, add extra milk.
- Even if you have a high-powered blender, if your ice cream is hard as a rock, take it out of the freezer and let it soften for a few minutes.
- Don’t have a can of whipped cream on hand? Try making your own homemade whipped cream. My whipped cream recipe can be found in the recipe card for my crepes.
mix it up!
This chocolate milkshake recipe is pretty amazing as is, but since it uses just two ingredients, it’s easy to swap them out and try different flavored shakes! Here are some fun ideas when you’re ready to change it up:
- Strawberry milkshake. Swap out the chocolate ice cream for strawberry ice cream and the chocolate milk for strawberry milk.
- Chocolate peanut butter milkshake. Use peanut butter ice cream instead of chocolate ice cream for a chocolate peanut butter milkshake.
- Mint chocolate shake. Swap out the chocolate ice cream for mint chocolate chip!
- Different toppings. The options are endless! Stir in more sprinkles, chocolate chips or cookie crumbles. Garnish your milkshake with chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, caramel syrup, crushed cookies, sliced nuts, fresh fruit, and/or candy.
chocolate milk FAQs
So whether you’re binging your favorite show and have a hankering for something sweet, or you’ve got dozens of tweens to feed for the sleepover of the year, this quick and easy chocolate milkshake recipe is perfect for a fun, sweet dessert or snack.
more summer treats
If you try this chocolate milkshake recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. It’s so fun to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Double Chocolate Milkshake
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream
- ⅓ cup chocolate milk
- Optional for topping: whipped cream, chocolate fudge, sprinkles, maraschino cherry
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large glass and top with any favorite toppings and enjoy with a straw.