Satisfy your burger craving with meatless Portobello Cheeseburgers. Meaty mushrooms pair with a Gorgonzola cheese spread, roasted red pepper and arugula for a wonderful explosion of flavors and textures!
In terms of taste, there is soooooooooo much going on with these burgers. Even regular-burger-lovin’ Brad devoured these little babes!
Here’s what’s going down:
- mild portobello mushroom caps heated to perfection and doing a very good job of pretending to be a beefy burger patty
- strong flavorful Gorgonzola cheese combined with Hampton Creek Just Mayo for the most bitchin’ spread (I could seriously put on everything) Have you tried Just Mayo… it’s just so all things yes!
- roasted red pepper gives these beauties color and add the perfect amount of sweetness
- fresh peppery arugula gives these burgers even more flavor and color- it just keeps getting better!
- A few HAPPY healthy campers around the dinner table!
Now in terms of cooking up and serving these suckers, Portobello Cheeseburgers could not be easier and literally take a maximum time of 15 minutes from start to finish. Leftovers are also totally yummy. Store any leftovers in the fridge and to enjoy, pop them in the oven at about 400 degrees F. for about 5-8 minutes. The cheese gets all melty and the bun gets toasty- wonderful, I tell ya!
The cheese spread pairs so well with the mild flavor of the portobello mushroom. But we’re not done, folks! Top all of that deliciousness off with sweet roasted red peppers and arugula. Simple, yet so tasty. I can’t wait for you guys to give this recipe a try. These burgers are:
and perfect for satisfying a killer burger craving!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 4-inch portobello caps
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese*, 1 ounce
- 3 tablespoons Hampton Creek Just Mayo
- 4 sandwich rolls or hamburger buns, 2-ounce each
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red bell peppers from a jar
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender, turning once. Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Combine cheese and Just Mayo, stirring well. Spread about 2 tablespoons cheese/mayo mixture over bottom half of each roll; top each serving with 1/2 cup arugula and a few slices of peppers. Place 1 mushroom on each serving, and top with top halves of rolls. Enjoy!
Slightly adapted from Cooking Light.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried Just Mayo or any other Hampton Creek products? Tell me your thoughts.
Have you ever made or tried a meatless burger?
This is a sponsored post. Thanks for supporting the companies that support Kim’s Cravings!