Healthy Espresso Brownies
These Healthy Espresso Brownies are naturally gluten free, made with healthier ingredients and have the most over-the-top delicious espresso flavor, that cannot be denied!
Is there anything more delightful than a fudgy chocolatey scrumptious brownie? How about a guilt-free, decadent brownie made with espresso? Yeah, I thought that may get your attention.
This super easy recipe makes a fudgy, melt in your mouth brownie with a lovely coffee/espresso flavor that makes me oh so happy. Even better they’re naturally gluten free, dairy free and pretty darn healthy. With only 75 calories a piece you can go ahead and eat half the pan… your secret’s safe with me!
I simply brewed my up my favorite espresso from Gourmesso.com and mixed it along with the other ingredients. All simple better-for-you ingredients, like coconut flour and coconut oil. I used a sugar substitute to keep the calories and sugar low, but feel free to use granulated or coconut sugar.
You guys are going to LOVE these brownies. They’re:
Infused with espresso deliciousness
Easy and quick to make
And incredibly yummilicious!
Make these brownies for an after dinner sweet treat, when guests are coming over or for the kiddos. These make the most perfect after school snack. I just enjoyed one crumbled over my frozen banana ‘nice’ cream. SO good!!
If you give this recipe a whirl, leave a comment and be sure to tag a picture @kimscravings on Instagram. I love to see what you’re cooking up! Enjoy, friends!
Healthy Espresso Brownies
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil*
- 1/2 cup espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 2/3 cup Lite & Sweet, a blend of Erythritol & Xylitol**
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons ground espresso or coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare an 8x8-inch baking pan by lining it with a sheet of aluminum foil, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Grease the foil and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer and add to baking pan. You can also just mix by hand, but using an electric mixer is so much easier.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes and until center is set. Allow brownies to sit for about 20 minutes before cutting, if you can possible resist. I usually stick them in the fridge, so they're ready sooner. Enjoy!
**Can sub with granulated sugar or coconut sugar.
***Nutritional information calculated using Lite & Sweet.
OTHER FAVORITE HEALTHIER BROWNIE RECIPES
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried adding espresso or coffee to any baked goods? It’s such a good idea!
Thanks to Gourmesso for sponsoring this post and providing me wonderfully tasty espresso to create a fabulous espresso brownie treat!