With holiday parties on the horizon, this hummus platter made easy is so perfect for all of your fun gatherings and celebrations!
If I happen to be entertaining for any occasion, you better believe, I’ll have some type of appetizer board. But move over cheese tray because this hummus platter made easy happens to be my favorite… for so many reasons. Hummus platters are light, fresh, colorful and oh so simple. What’s not to love?!
They’re also the perfect appetizer for vegans and/or anyone else following a somewhat restrictive diet. It’s not difficult to find gluten free crackers and breads, if needed, so you’re covered there too. Use any of your favorite store-bought hummus or make your own. For the sake of time, I bought my favorite Lantana brand hummus. This post is not sponsored by Lantana, they just happen to offer super flavorful and unique hummus choices. Add a good mix of sweet and savory bites, and you won’t even miss the cheese.
This dream platter would be amazing for any social gathering, whether it’s a festive Christmas party or just a casual girl’s night in. Switch up the ingredients to whatever’s in season and adjust the size of the platter, as long as the board feels vibrant, colorful, and abundant. Think of this post as a helpful guide, and put your own twist on it!
What you need:
- A pretty wooden board, cheese tray or serving platter
- A couple hummus varieties or other favorite dips
- 3 savory extras
- Marinated olives or pickles
- Marinated red peppers
- Nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios, pecans)
- 3 sweet extras
- Fresh fruit (grapes, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, apple, pear)
- Dried fruit (apricots, dates, figs)
- Crackers, pita chips or mini toasts
- Optional add-ons
- Colorful raw veggie sticks: Red peppers, carrots, celery, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes
- High-quality dark chocolate
- Wine of choice or sparkling water with lemon slices and fresh herbs
Tips & tricks:
- It doesn’t have to be perfect. Let your creativity flow.
- Fill the platter up as much as possible and avoid empty spaces. There should be plenty of goodies to go around. Use nuts, berries and greens to fill in empty spaces. I used parsley.
- Save money by scouring your pantry for items you already have. If you’re like me, you already have plenty of nuts, dried fruit and crackers on-hand.
- Buy store-bought dips and such to keep this fun appetizer super easy!
How to bring it together:
When I was searching for ideas for an appetizer platter, I landed upon this post, How To Create A Serious Delicious (& Instagrammable) Platter by a pair & a spare. It was so helpful and gave me lots of ideas of what would be great to include on my board. Give it a look for more inspiration.
I hope this post was helpful! Let me know if you whip up your own hummus made easy platter. Would love to see what you create! Leave a comment and tag #kimscravings on Instagram.