Cherry Overnight Oatmeal with Blue Diamond Almonds
Overnight oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfast meals, to enjoy in the summer. It’s cool, creamy and so satisfying- keeping me full all the way till lunch. Plus, overnight oats make mornings less hectic because you throw them together the night before.
Fresh cherries have been so sweet this year and I’m taking full advantage of their lovely flavor. I’ve been throwing them in everything- salads, ice cream, smoothie bowls, bread, pancakes and oatmeal. If you don’t have fresh cherries, frozen cherries would work great in these overnight oats too. I buy large bags of frozen cherries from Costco and they’re already pitted… very convenient. And have you guys tried eating frozen cherries straight out of the freezer? They’re so good… nature’s candy! If you’re interested in a good cherry pitter, I have this OXO one and it works fabulously. (affiliate link)
The cherries give these overnight oats so much flavor, but the Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Vanilla Almonds take this breakfast to the next level of deliciousness! If these Honey Roasted Vanilla Almonds aren’t readily available at your grocery store, any Blue Diamond almond will do the trick. Just like the cherries, these almonds are great for jazzing up a myriad of foods; like salads, yogurt, pancakes, cottage cheese and sweet potatoes. They also pair perfectly with fresh fruit for a pre or post workout snack.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats gluten-free, if desired
- 1 5.3 oz. container of vanilla or cherry Greek yogurt (I use Chobani simply 100 cherry Greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 packet stevia or other desired sweetener optional
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk any milk will work
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped cherries more or less, depending on desired amount
- Desired toppings; such as Blue Diamond Almonds or other favorite nut.
- Stir all of the ingredients (except almonds) together in a small bowl or jar with a lid. Place in the fridge overnight or for at least 3-4 hours. After time in the fridge, add a splash of almond milk and desired toppings; such as Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Vanilla Almonds, stir and ENJOY!
*Nutritional calculations will largely depend on the type of yogurt used.
Blue Diamond has quite a variety of new honey flavored products. Honey is one of my favorite flavors, so I’m really loving these new Blue Diamond products. I totally agree with Blue Diamond’s words- “Honey is the perfect flavor enhancer for consumers who want natural products but want them to taste like indulgent foods”. Since 1976, Blue Diamond has been funding research in more than 70 projects focused on the health of bees, pollination and colony health. I was surprised to learn that almonds are the only crop that is 100% dependent on honey bees for the pollination of its crops and every spring more than a million colonies of honey bees are placed in California almond orchards to pollinate the crop.
The other honey flavored Blue Diamond product that I’ve tried is the Honey Roasted Chipotle Almonds. I had the very bright idea to top my sweet potato with the chopped Honey Roasted Chipotle Almonds- very bright idea! Unfortunately, I didn’t get to enjoy very many of these because Brad devoured them within a couple of days. 😉