Simple Strawberry Sauce
This homemade simple strawberry sauce is perfectly sweet, fresh and SO delicious! It makes for the best topping on waffles! It’s also great on Van’s pancakes and French toast sticks!
- 1- pound strawberries, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional for thickening)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Van’s Waffles for serving
Place strawberries and cornstarch in a small bowl and toss to lightly coat strawberries in cornstarch. (This step can be skipped).
Transfer strawberries to a small saucepan and add sugar, vanilla and lemon juice to the pan. Bring to medium heat.
Once bubbling, reduce heat slightly and use a wooden spoon or potato masher to muddle and mash the fruit.
Continue cooking over medium-low heat for about 18-20 minutes, occasionally mashing and stirring fruit to combine.
Remove from heat and transfer to a clean jar or container to cool thoroughly. Store in the fridge and reheat to serve with Van’s Gluten-Free Waffles.
Nutrition information is for sauce only.
Other uses for strawberry sauce:
- On top of easy cream cheese pie
- With waffles, pancakes, French toast, bagels, toast, crepes
- On top of ice cream
- With angel food cake or pound cake
- To make a strawberry milkshake
- Serve with yogurt
- Add it to lemonade
- Mixed into homemade ice cream
- Mixed into cheesecake dip
- As a filling for layered cakes
Calories: 30kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg