Super Simple Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Absolutely the most perfect summer meal - light, refreshing and quick!
- 1 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 1 small to medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- juice from 1 lime (2-3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 corn tortillas for serving
- optional garnish- guacamole, avocado slices, sour cream, cheese, jalapeño slices and/or fresh cilantro
Prepare salsa by combining all salsa ingredients listed above, pineapple through honey, in a small bowl.
Toss shrimp with lime juice, salt and chili powder in a medium bowl. Grease a large skillet with olive oil or spray with a nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
Transfer shrimp to skillet and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side and until pink. Do not overcook.
Serve shrimp on warmed corn tortillas with salsa and any other favorite garnish.
Follow package instructions for heating tortillas. I like to cook them in a heated skillet for a minute or so on each side.
Make ahead: The pineapple salsa can be made up to 4 hours in advance.
Photos by Sasha at Eat Love Eats.
Serving: 2tacos | Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 35.4g | Protein: 41.7g | Fat: 2.6g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 304.3mg | Sodium: 452.1mg | Fiber: 5.1g | Sugar: 9.9g