Pumpkin Overnight Oats
A quick and easy, no cooking required, make-ahead breakfast with my favorite Fall flavors!
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any milk works)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2-1 tablespoon Chia seeds (optional, but works well to thicken the oatmeal)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- desired sweetener- I used 1 1/2 packets Stevia. 2-3 teaspoons honey or maple syrup would work well too.
- optional toppings- raisins, craisins, shredded coconut, granola, seeds, nuts, nut butter
Combine all ingredients, except toppings, in a small bowl or jar with a lid. I like to use an almost empty jar of almond butter (if I have one) and the smaller mason jars. You can also just use a cereal bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 hours.
Enjoy cold or gently warmed in the microwave. Sprinkle with desired toppings and additional milk, as desired. I like to take my oatmeal out of the fridge about 10-20 minutes before I'm ready to eat. It's chilled, but not super cold.
It works great to make several servings at once, to enjoy throughout the week. Prepared oatmeal cups will keep well for about 5 days in the fridge.
QUICK MICROWAVE VERSION: Follow instructions as directed. When you're ready to enjoy, pop it in the microwave and heat in 30 seconds increments until oats are of desired warmth.
MEAL PREP: Feel free to double, triple, quadruple or quintuple the recipe to meal prep for the week. Oats will stay fresh, covered, in the fridge for up to about 5 days. Don't add toppings until you're ready to enjoy.
MAKE IT GLUTEN FREE: Use certified gluten-free oats.
MAKE IT NUT-FREE: Don’t top with nuts or nut butter! You might enjoy toasted pumpkin seeds on top and a drizzle of sunbutter.
MAKE IT DAIRY-FREE & VEGAN: Use a dairy-free yogurt variety.
Photos by Sasha at Eat Love Eats.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.2g | Cholesterol: 3.3mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 6g